MNSSHP as a one day only trip

bonoriffic

We have a day after returning from a cruise before our flight home. It happens to fall on a MNSSHP night in early October. As we wouldn't be able to get to the parks until 11 at the earliest, it seemed like going to the Halloween party is the best use of our limited time. If I treat the party as almost an after hours event, and not concern ourselves with the character meet and greets, trick or trick candy runs, etc. will it be worthwhile? I'd plan on being at the gates the moment they let party guests in and do as many fast passes as I can mathematically pull off in the first 3 hours. My expectation would be by avoiding the usual party highlights and just doing rides, this is the best way to experience a park in just one day during that time frame. Is this a reasonable plan?

I know many will say the joy of the party is to experience all the unique character experiences, see the special shows, and parade. We'll fit a second parade viewing in, and we'll look up when the fireworks happen to go off from where we are. I understand not every ride will be walk on, but on average is this a good use of our time for one day, where we will arrive late morning and be leaving the next day?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Bear in mind the park will close for day guests at 6 pm, which is when the last FP window will close. 3 FPs using your MNSSHP ticket might not be possible.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I don't do most of the party activities when I go to MNSSHP or MVMCP. Instead I take the opportunity to ride rides with fairly low waits and just enjoy the overall atmosphere.
So personally I'd go for it.
BTW you'll only have 2 hours for FP's.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Weve gone multiple times and now skip some of the events and M&G's and still think we do enough to get our moneys worth. Especially later in the evening when the opportunity increases to do multipole rides with very little waits. Its also just fun seeing all the costumed up guests who really put a lot of time and creativity into the costumes they come in with.

Upvote 0
We have been going the last 4 years in October. If you are arriving Thursday thru Sunday you will be surprised at the amount of people at the party. Every year we have noticed more and more. Typically Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and SDMT have the longest wait times( close to 60 minutes sometimes) during the party. We have had very little wait time on Splash Mountain, Pirates, Thunder Mountain and Buzz Light year. We will be there again the second weekend in October and looking forward to it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom