MM+ & FP+ better be fixed by 10/2014

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Starting this with I haven't been a fan of this whole concept from the beginning...my next trip to The World is October 2014.

My friends are currently at WDW right now and are having issues. My friend (Marci) is a FL resident AP holder and my other friends (Debi & her mom) are visiting and staying at Pop Century on Magic bands. Marci is not able to link up with Debi because AP holders aren't part of this MM+ business. So while Debi and her mom get to ride with fast pass, Marci has to wait standby or not ride with them...

$3 billion dollars is a giant waste if I can't ride at the same time as my 2 best friends...

Reason I say this better be fixed in 12 months...there are going to be 4 of us at WDW. Marci (FL Resident AP holder), Debi & her mom AP holders & staying at 1 resort, & myself staying at another resort. We better be able to all link up for fastpass - but I see this being a total conundrum with 3 separate situations.

Rant over.

Weather_Lady

You have every right to rant. The way they've implemented MagicBands and FP+ so far is totally unfair to annual pass holders.

We're visiting in May 2014, and I'm getting more and more anxious that the new technology is still going to be a total clusterfudge at that point. We're several rounds into testing and the situation for guests doesn't seem to be improving yet.

999doombuggies

what an absolute mess. Just roll out the system to all guests and eliminate these divisions. Not to difficult to roll out to all and let those that dont want to test opt out. I feel sorry for your friend Marci.

stevehousse

I think you just need to remember that these are a test and not everything is online yet. It sucks for your friend but until they have the system fully rolled out to everyone (day guests and pass holders) we all just need to hold our breath and wait unfortunately...

Rob562

I'm with @stevehousse. The current status of the MagicBands/FP+ should be looked at as an on-site perk. It's no different than the two on-site friends being able to go to Extra Magic Hours while the local friend not being able to.

Your on-site friends could've easily not done FP+ and gone with regular FastPass with the local AP-holder. To classify your friends' situation as having "issues" worth "ranting" over is not being fair.

-Rob

Last edited:

docdebbi

I'm with @stevehousse. The current status of the MagicBands/FP+ should be looked at as an on-site perk. It's no different than the two on-site friends being able to go to Extra Magic Hours while the local friend not being able to.

Your on-site friends could've easily not done FP+ and gone with regular FastPass with the local AP-holder. To classify your friends' situation as having "issues" worth "ranting" over is not being fair.

-Rob

i will agree with you, but in the friends defense, i will say that FP is almost extinct already. when i was there two weeks ago, the FP were mostly gone by 10 AM- with return times very late in the day. FP+ is really the only way to get FP these days, sad but true. so i don't blame the friends for wanting to take advantage of FP+.

this roll out period is very difficult for everyone. i feel bad for folks like my brother. i went with his family two weeks ago, they saved for five years for this trip- fortunatley thanks to this board- i knew how to play the system and use it to our advantage but a lot of folks, are going there without as much info and are being shell shocked. if it was my only trip in five years, and I sort of got screwed by the 'change over' time, I would not be happy!!!

on the other hand, had the original poster been smart enough, she should have registered that friend in my room, paid the extra adult fee of $25 and been able to book FP+ for them. sort of cheating, but would have worked

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom