MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

mf1972

Agreed. The Braves won a lot of games, but I never got the feeling the team synced like last year. Media kept hyping that this years Braves were better than last years Braves. I never bought into that.

Nope. Not even a little bit. No punishment for the players in that whole scandal left a bad taste in my mouth.
they all should’ve been stripped of the world series title & players should’ve been suspended.

SteveBrickNJ

Look at this....
20221018_194702.jpg

How is it that the Mets and the Braves are gone and my 87 win Phillies are still alive and kickin? 🤔

SteveBrickNJ

A lot of good defensive plays on display tonight from both the Phillies and the Padres.
Phillies win Game 3 by the score of 4-2 /// They go up in the series...2 games to 1

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

A lot of good defensive plays on display tonight from both the Phillies and the Padres.
Phillies win Game 3 by the score of 4-2 /// They go up in the series...2 games to 1
Look at this....View attachment 673479
How is it that the Mets and the Braves are gone and my 87 win Phillies are still alive and kickin? 🤔
Down here in Atl….sports talk radio is spinning the “chasing down the Mets” took too much out of the Braves….what a loser mentality

I REALLY struggle to live here….

If you need even a little more….same take in ‘93 when the Braves chased and finally passed the Bonds led Giants…..104 wins that year….and what happened in the NLCS in ‘93?

We always have a Dominique or Chipper while Jordan or Derek are in their prime

SteveBrickNJ

Down here in Atl….sports talk radio is spinning the “chasing down the Mets” took too much out of the Braves….what a loser mentality

If you need even a little more….same take in ‘93 when the Braves chased and finally passed the Bonds led Giants…..104 wins that year….and what happened in the NLCS in ‘93?

You already know the answer to your question: "...and what happened in the NLCS in'93?"
Yet for the sake of other readers....the Braves had won 104 games in 1993's regular season but the Phillies beat them in the NLCS.
@Dad 2 M & M
You say " I REALLY struggle to live here ..."
Where did you used to live? 🤔

Dad 2 M & M

You already know the answer to your question: "...and what happened in the NLCS in'93?"
Yet for the sake of other readers....the Braves had won 104 games in 1993's regular season but the Phillies beat them in the NLCS.
@Dad 2 M & M
You say " I REALLY struggle to live here ..."
Where did you used to live? 🤔
Born in La Mesa (San Diego/ Tijuana area), then Montreal followed by Atlanta.

The struggle has always been the lack of passion/demand for more. Vince Dooley nor Bobby would have EVER lasted so long in other areas.

Off topic of this thread, but MOST of my struggle is College Football and the success of our neighboring states. Every Border State has had success winning Titles while Georgia had been 40 years since last hoisting the trophy....and no one was demanding more....

The Braves were the example of coming up short during the 90s and early 2000s and NEVER contended for a Title once it was Chipper's Team, with supporting cast of Brian McCann, Andruw Jones etc,,,,,

MattC

Yeah, this is why I can’t watch or listen to too much of that. I don’t like excuses. We lost. Lots of reasons, but it all boils down to the Phillies played better than us.

SteveBrickNJ

Born in La Mesa (San Diego/ Tijuana area), then Montreal followed by Atlanta.

The struggle has always been the lack of passion/demand for more. Vince Dooley nor Bobby would have EVER lasted so long in other areas.

Off topic of this thread, but MOST of my struggle is College Football and the success of our neighboring states. Every Border State has had success winning Titles while Georgia had been 40 years since last hoisting the trophy....and no one was demanding more....

The Braves were the example of coming up short during the 90s and early 2000s and NEVER contended for a Title once it was Chipper's Team, with supporting cast of Brian McCann, Andruw Jones etc,,,,,
Thanks for that explanation. I understand you sir. Have a good night 😉

Dad 2 M & M

Thanks for that explanation. I understand you sir. Have a good night 😉
Last note....

The Local media ALWAYS has a reason or apology for our teams demise....some say it was due to Atlanta being a one newspaper town (Atlanta Journal merged with the Constitution in the 70s) and thus the paper never had to compete to "get the inside scoop" .....it seemed the paper worked for the team, not reported the the news....

So nice to see the demise of newspaper....

Dad 2 M & M

Honesty, I have no idea.
We can all just show up in front of our tv screens and be surprised.
Yes

Last year was a week or two of wondering can we do this.....was REALLY a great time as there was SO LITTLE expectation and we did it after losing Game 5 when we had a 4 run lead in bottom of 1st (Duvall Grand Slam)....looked like the same old script until Soler went over the railroad tracks

What a great feeling to win it

Again, good luck

.....and I hope Houston loses.....don't care to who as long as they lose

P.S> Lil sis and two nephews live in Malvern (King of Prussia area of Philly) and we took in a game last year (Arizona), as well as a couple @ Camden (Rays last year/Yanks Easter Sunday)....nothing like baseball up that way.......kids ran the bases after the games in Camden

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom