MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

NYwdwfan

He doesn’t know when to shut up. He’s worked a lot on TV with Joe Buck. Joe’s father, HoF broadcaster Jack Buck, hated working with McCarver.
That’s the issue with a lot of broadcasters. I can’t tell you how happy I was when the Raiders hired Gruden because it got him out of the booth.

NYwdwfan

I absolutely love Gary, Ron & Keith. I hate when the Mets play nationally televised games and I have to listen to a different team. I think it helps that Ron & Keith were part of the teams I grew up with so some of the stories they tell are from games I remember watching.

SteveBrickNJ

I absolutely love Gary, Ron & Keith. I hate when the Mets play nationally televised games and I have to listen to a different team. I think it helps that Ron & Keith were part of the teams I grew up with so some of the stories they tell are from games I remember watching.
That makes perfect sense. When I first started watching the Phillies as a ten year old NJ boy...Tim McCarver was the personal catcher for the Phillies Ace Steve Carlton. So, when he went into the broadcast booth, I liked Tim McCarver for the same reasons you already stated about the Mets broadcasters.

Lucky

Ssshhh....don't tell anyone....but I also started watching baseball in the 5th grade....when I was 10. That was.............1972 :(
That was the year I started listening to the Cardinals’ radio broadcasts on their Memphis affiliate. It was Mike Shannon’s first year as the color commentator. He’s still doing their games. He was terrible when he first started. I met Jack Buck at spring training once and told him I’d been listening to them since Shannon’s first year. He said “you must have heard a lot of mistakes then.”

SteveBrickNJ

I went on my sports app tonight and saw a ton of MLB scores but I couldn't find the Phillies score. Well....that's 'cause they have an off night.
DO YOU EVER FEEL CHEATED when it SEEMS like every team is playing but yours? I had that feeling for about 15 seconds tonight and then I realized that was immature and stupid :eek::rolleyes:o_O:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom