MK hours vs. Universal hours

Siege898

Original Poster
most times throughout the year, the magic kingdom is open until 10,11, or even 12 on saturdays. however, places like universal are only open until about 7 or 8, and during the summer 10 at the latest. why is this? is this because of the decreased guest flow or I even heard somewhere that there is a noise oridance. does anybody know?

coasterphil

The parks empty out around 7 or 8 most days, so there really is no reason to have the late hours for a small crowd. MK still packs a good amount in at 11 and 12.

djronnieb

It's beacause Universal sucks. They don't have anything! I went there last month for the first time since about 10 years ago, and I got to the park at 10am and went on every single ride and I was done at 1:30pm. I would have been done at 1pm if I hadn't had to wait 30 mins for Shrek, which by the way was an aweful show, as is 95% of the other things they have over there. I could write an entire book on how much Universal sucks, but I won't bore all of you, but just for fun here are a few pics I took of some "bad show" they don't care about there....

This first one is workmen fixing up Jaws right next to us while we were riding, they were using noisy tools, and drills and you couldnt here the boat captin due to them: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/djronnieb/61431074565_3300_1.jpg

Next we have an example on how most of their sidewalks look: chipped paint, crack, etc... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/djronnieb/61431582469_3300_1.jpg

And last this is some graffitti that I saw on a lot of the paint around the parks... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/djronnieb/61431473669_3300_1.jpg

coasterphil

Its sad to see people that can't appreciate Universal. I for one believe that in the past 5 years they have done a better job than Disney has with their parks.

NemoRocks78

Seized
*sigh*

Here we go again.....

djronnieb said:
They don't have anything!

Universal Studios Florida - 8 rides, 24 attractions in all (including shows)
Islands of Adventure - 12 rides, 20 attractions in all (including shows)

Magic Kingdom - 21 rides, 46 attractions in all (including shows and "exhibits")
Epcot - 10 rides, 20 attractions in all (including shows and World Showcase pavilions)
Disney's Animal Kingdom - 5 rides, 21 attractions in all (including shows and trails)
Disney MGM Studios - 5 rides, 17 attractions in all (including shows)

Yep, they certainly don't have anything.

I went there last month for the first time since about 10 years ago, and I got to the park at 10am and went on every single ride and I was done at 1:30pm.

I can do the same at DAK, MGM, and Epcot (on a day with no crowds of course).

I could write an entire book on how much Universal sucks, but I won't bore all of you

Please, do share with us some of your thoughts....

This first one is workmen fixing up Jaws right next to us while we were riding, they were using noisy tools, and drills and you couldnt here the boat captin due to them: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/djronnieb/61431074565_3300_1.jpg

You were at freakin' unload....it's not like you were in the middle of the ride.

Next we have an example on how most of their sidewalks look: chipped paint, crack, etc... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/djronnieb/61431582469_3300_1.jpg

It's a sidewalk....that's what happens to them....

And last this is some graffitti that I saw on a lot of the paint around the parks... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/djronnieb/61431473669_3300_1.jpg

I see that ALL the time at WDW....

TimeTrip

djronnieb said:
It's beacause Universal sucks. They don't have anything! I went there last month for the first time since about 10 years ago, and I got to the park at 10am and went on every single ride and I was done at 1:30pm. I would have been done at 1pm if I hadn't had to wait 30 mins for Shrek, which by the way was an aweful show, as is 95% of the other things they have over there. I could write an entire book on how much Universal sucks, but I won't bore all of you, but just for fun here are a few pics I took of some "bad show" they don't care about there....

Thats a wonderful trolling post. Just this past sunday I saw a guy at MK fixing a chip in the pavement on main street... with people around. That's almost tow complaints rolled into one. Sure disney is probably better, but the way you talk about it you'd think disney was pristine. They've had that bird poo at pinnochio's for at least 9 months now.

Slipknot

djronnieb said:

I hadn't been to UO since October of 99. I went for the first time two Sundays ago, and the only things that I was really dissapointed with were Jimmy Neutron (I love the show, btw), Shrek, and MIB. I know that BTTF, Earthquake and Jaws are getting kinda old and boring, but I love them anyway. I guess it is just a matter of opinions. :wave:

GymLeaderPhil

The Hulk and Dueling Dragons coasters do have to close at midnight due to a noise ordnance for the neighborhood surrounding the Universal Orlando property. I'm sure that any kind of fireworks also would fall under that ordnance.

This does not mean that the parks close early due to the ordnance though. One can easily do each park in a day and there's not much of a reason to leave the park open if the capacity of the park is going to be low all day.

USO/IOA also have many hard ticketed events like the MK has and as such the parks do close early in non-peak periods for Halloween Horror Nights (which covers both parks now), Grad Bash, Rock the Universe, and Mardi Gras.

UO is almost like Disneyland, how it's surrounded by nutcases who think living next to a theme park is going to improve the value of their property. I said almost like Disneyland. :lol:

CSUFSteve

GymLeaderPhil said:
UO is almost like Disneyland, how it's surrounded by nutcases who think living next to a theme park is going to improve the value of their property. I said almost like Disneyland. :lol:

Yeah, and except for the fact that none of the people who now live near Disneyland lived there before Disneyland. I don't get how they can possibly say "they didn't know" or "didn't realize". Pulleaze, it's a theme park and they probably moved there thinking how cool it was that they'd be living so close to Disneyland.

Don't know if anyone here ever went to the Anaheim City Council meetings about the Disneyland expansion, but oh puleaze...

AEfx

CSUFSteve said:
Yeah, and except for the fact that none of the people who now live near Disneyland lived there before Disneyland. I don't get how they can possibly say "they didn't know" or "didn't realize". Pulleaze, it's a theme park and they probably moved there thinking how cool it was that they'd be living so close to Disneyland.

Don't know if anyone here ever went to the Anaheim City Council meetings about the Disneyland expansion, but oh puleaze...

LOL great point. I was actually thinking about this earlier today. All these people belly-aching about fireworks and such...like they didn't know when they moved in?

I'd be willing to bet VERY few people (if any) have been there since before Disneyland...

AEfx

bgraham34

I hate cry babies. I for one would love to live close to the parks, but not that close where the noise will disturb me. but i would know in advance of course.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
I think it's funny that he paid to get in and walked around taking pictures of things that need attention. that's got to be a fun life. his next photo expedition should be to the all star movies resort to see the work needed there. (wait, WDW never falls inti disrepair) :rolleyes:

djronnieb

I was just there because my friends wanted to go, I thought it would be fun to take some pics of the bad show they have, I know Disney has some things that fall into this sometimes. And I wasn't trying to compare them to Disney as there is no comparision.

DVCFan

I think that everyone is missing a the main reason the parks stay open later - Disney World has 31,000 plus guest rooms on the park and wants to keep everyone there. If the parks close early the quest may go somewhere else and spend thier vacation dollars.

Lynx04

DVCFan said:
I think that everyone is missing a the main reason the parks stay open later - Disney World has 31,000 plus guest rooms on the park and wants to keep everyone there. If the parks close early the quest may go somewhere else and spend thier vacation dollars.

Excellent point, one of the major differences between USF and WDW is Disney has enough rooms on property to house 17% of their guest, while Universal has is somewhere in the 5% range. While it is true that their are other hotels around the Universal property, the same could be said about Disney. Universal is close to the City of Orlando as well as Sea World and the Convention Center. So the all the additional rooms around Universal could be used for any of they other attractions. City Walk is seen as a better alternative to place guess during the evening ours since it is within walking distance.

DisneyGal126

interesting conversation... I have always wanted to go to Universal Studios but whenever I am in Orlando I can't pull myself away from Disney long enough to do anything else!

Michael72688

It really isn't the noise levels, the coaster have to close for that. I think it is just that over the past few years Universal Orlando has catered more toward locals so they are not as apt to stay as long. I think that is changing now, there are a lot more tourists coming to UO. By the way, if you look at their December hours they are open 8am till 11pm, I believe last year MK was open 8 to 12, I could be wrong, but if I'm not their isnt not much difference.

Oh yea djronnieb, if you hate universal so much please dont come back. Working there I really hate the occasional comment about how Universal sucks and how Disney is the best and always will be, if you have a problem with it then dont come back, stay at your beloved Disney. Now I'm not saying Disney is bad, but they have their fare share of problems.

I think over the next few years UO will experience tremendous growth, hopefully with a steady owner (GE) and increasing attendance and profits, we are bound to see big changes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom