Mk Fireworks

WDWScottieBoy

New fireworks show, new music, since when?!? OH....WISHES!!! Duh :lol: Not to sound rude, but if you're a Disney fan you should have known this. It has only been hyped so much as one of the greatest firework shows ever! And yes, I have seen it, last Nov and I loved the show so much! By the way, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

JBSLJames

Is Wishes everynight, everyday of the year? I know at PKI, they only do the fireworks when the park is open to 10:00 or later.

Will Wishes be shown in November during the week or only weekends?

How many questions can you cram into one post response? :hammer:

phlydude

JBSLJames said:
Is Wishes everynight, everyday of the year? I know at PKI, they only do the fireworks when the park is open to 10:00 or later.

Will Wishes be shown in November during the week or only weekends?

How many questions can you cram into one post response? :hammer:

Probably only on the weekends in November aside from Thanksgiving Week. It's probably safe to say that if it isn't dark when the park closes (or only has been dark within an hour aside from summer months), the fireworks won't happen. Definately count them out any day that the park is scheduled to close @ 5PM.

phlydude

jcarriv said:
What is the best place to view "Wishes"? We will be seeing the Halloween version in October.

I have heard from different people Main street in a couple places (outside Casey's, outside the firehouse, on the upper deck of the train station) as well as on the bridge to tomorrowland.

The general best viewing spot is anywhere where you can see the castle as close to straight on as possible while being in front of it.

The fireworks will make a lot more sense and will tie in to the story better with this kind of view.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Based on Wishes' track record since it began, it will be presented to day guests every night except on special event nights including MNSSHP or MVMCP. Those nights have shows for event ticket holders only. I'm not positive if Wishes will be shown during MNSSHP, since last year they didn't yet have a Halloween version and ran Fantasy in the Sky instead.

boo52

MrNonacho said:
Based on Wishes' track record since it began, it will be presented to day guests every night except on special event nights including MNSSHP or MVMCP. Those nights have shows for event ticket holders only. I'm not positive if Wishes will be shown during MNSSHP, since last year they didn't yet have a Halloween version and ran Fantasy in the Sky instead.
As of now, Wishes is scheduled to show nightly from now until the worldwide kickoff of DL's 50th on 05/05/05. But thats not to say that Wishes is going away or changing. It's just the time frame that Disney is using. I'll bet 100% that Wishes will still be presented nightly through to the end of The DL aniversary celebration. Wishes is a big revenue generator keeping people in the parks buying more food and merchandise.

As for MNSSHP, Wishes will not be presented. It will be the same old FITS except that the witch takes over the finaly and the perimeters begin. Same as last year. (Yawn). MVMCP WILL be Wishes with perimeters. Same as last year as well.

JBSLJames

phlydude said:
Probably only on the weekends in November aside from Thanksgiving Week. It's probably safe to say that if it isn't dark when the park closes (or only has been dark within an hour aside from summer months), the fireworks won't happen. Definately count them out any day that the park is scheduled to close @ 5PM.

My trip is scheduled for Thanksgiving week so I hope it is available at that time. We plan on visiting MK on Sunday, November 21 and probably on Thanksgiving day itself. On a side note, anyone know what time it gets dark in Florida in November. I remember a trip to Long Island in December a few years back and it got darker earlier there than in Cincinnati. This make sense, since both cities are on EST and yet are hundreds of miles apart. Just curious how Central Florida stacks up.

Thanks for the response. :wave:

phlydude

The sun sets about the same time it does in Cincinatti (look on a flat map that has the longitude lines). FL sits back a bit to the west compared to the east coast, especially New England.

Do a web search on the sunset times for Orlando for November and see what you get.

speck76

JBSLJames said:
My trip is scheduled for Thanksgiving week so I hope it is available at that time. We plan on visiting MK on Sunday, November 21 and probably on Thanksgiving day itself. On a side note, anyone know what time it gets dark in Florida in November. I remember a trip to Long Island in December a few years back and it got darker earlier there than in Cincinnati. This make sense, since both cities are on EST and yet are hundreds of miles apart. Just curious how Central Florida stacks up.

Thanks for the response. :wave:

Sunset that time of year is around 5:30pm

Miss Bell

We happened to grab a seat for SpectroMagic on the curb of the hub between the castle and Tomorrowland (facing toward Tomorrowland)--you have to wait longer for the parade to get to you as that is almost the end, but once it is over, if you don't budge from your spot, it is a spectacular place to see Wishes. It is the closest I have ever sat to the castle for fireworks, and fireworks go off right above the castle.

MissM

If you can time it right (it's more luck then actual timing), you can have an amazing ride on Big Thunder during Wishes. They play the music in the waiting queue area and since you go kind of high up (for MK) on the ride, you get a really unique view of them. Riding down and around the bend, the fireworks are going off all around you. This is something you'd only want to do after seeing the whole show (since it's really amazingly chorographed!) but still, it's a heck of a show when on Big Thunder.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom