MK expansion

Michael72688

Original Poster
I was told, by a very good source, that they will be expanding MK. They plan on adding 1 new land with a E ticket attraction. If you have heard about this let me know!

FanofDinsey1981

I have heard this too, they want to expand behind the old 20000000000000000 leagues ride. but I am not sure about what it is supposed to be themed as.....

:)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Sorry guys, but since we have heard that Beastly Kingdom is on its way, (slowly) MK will not be expanding anywhere.

WDWspider

I heard it was Australia anyway, but what does that have to do with MK? I hope Backlot tour becomes a new land at MGM also.

jcrb

Originally posted by spider-man
I heard it was Australia anyway, but what does that have to do with MK? I hope Backlot tour becomes a new land at MGM also.

Australia is most likely going to be the new land at the Animal Kingdome.

I think the Magic Kingdom will probably never add on a new land.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The state of play is still pretty much along the following....

From http://www.wdwmagic.com/magic2.htm

28 December 2000: Magic Kingdom Expansion

The past 2 years or so, has seen many rumors about expansion to the Magic Kingdom, and in particular the addition of a major Eride - Fire Mountain, Bald Mountain etc...

While we still have no official comment on the existence of these projects, I do have some further clarification on the current state of play.

REMEMBER - this is not official, and may or may not happen. However, the information comes from a highly reliable source within WDI.

The following describes a long term plan for the purposes of dedicating land. It fits with the original property plan, and the 25 year plan (completion would also mean finalisation of the 25 year plan)

MK is to be expanded 85 acres west, 44 acres north and 18 acres east
Addition of Bald Mountain (in whatever form it may take)
Addition of Mysterious Island (Journey to the Centre of the Earth)
A new transportation hub
Access to the WDW Airport
A new small Village area
3 new resorts
Additional backstage shops - including a pyro area
Additional cast housing
Although these items above are in the plan, and land has been designated, the order, and timing of construction are yet to be decided.

REMEMBER, the following descriptions are rumors, not fact.

Bald Mountain is the project based around the Disney villains concept. The new expansion of land across 20k and into Fantasy Land will house this new attraction, and the brand new land to which it belongs. The new MK land, based around the villains is most likely where the whole Shadowlands rumors stem from. The Bald Mountain project is another water based/hybrid coaster attraction, making some use of the existing 20k lagoon and the new area built behind Fantasy Land.

Mysterious Island would make use of a huge area of expansion, behind Big Thunder Mountain. Based on the attraction currently under construction in Japan.

The following description of the Tokyo attraction from http://www.tokyodisneysea.co.jp/english/index.html

"Mysterious Island brings to life the writings of Jules Verne, the father of modern science fiction. Guests can visit Captain Nemo's secret base where he will invite them to become members of his crew for two thrilling adventures. On one, they will plunge to the bottom of the sea and encounter shipwrecks and mysterious creatures. On the other, they will journey to the depths the earth where the only escape route lies through an active volcano."

"Journey to the Center of the Earth" is located within the volcano itself. Riders will travel downward through the volcano in "Enhanced Motion Vehicles" and encounter a large Animatronic creature.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Michael72688
I was told, by a very good source, that they will be expanding MK. They plan on adding 1 new land with a E ticket attraction. If you have heard about this let me know!

Funny how everyone has that "one good source".

Also funny how 99.9% of these "sure things" come out to be pipe dreams.

TURKEY

Re: Re: MK expansion

Originally posted by Fievel

Don't tell anyone, but my one good source told me that I actually have another good source.

dizpins14

I have this really good source who is never wrong and I think he has been working at Disney World for a long time. He has one of those pins on his nametag and he gets all of his inside info from the guest relations people, who are also never wrong. He says that Mickey really isn't a mouse but a .....:lookaroun :lookaroun a rat :eek: :eek:

Michael72688

Original Poster
besides even if they are wrong, these are rumors, just because you have a good source doesnt mean what was said will be come reality, right away!:wave:

tigger1968

I've come to the realization that a good rumor is just like a good conspiracy theory...a good one is good because it can't be proven or disproven...:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

JLW11Hi

I dont know about you guys, but I find a lot of rumors on Disney become reality quite often. The first place I always got my info on upcoming Disney World additions waas at disneydreams.com. (untill they stopped updating their rumors page). Most of the rumors that came out of there seem to come true. of course, this mostly happens with smaller additions, mabey even new lands, and usually not the big E ticket attractions.

Rockn Roller Coaster, the new Tower of Terror drops, the new Figment, addition of Asia to AK, these are just some of the rumors that became reality. I think you just have to be patient!

Sketch105

Good rumours are just really great entertainment. The 20,000 Leagues lagoon can't sit there unused FOREVER..(or can it?)

Bring back 20k!!!

and its just wonderful to think what could have been...

Right now, theres a little Mcdonald's Animal Kingom toy sitting on my desk.....

Its a Dragon.

WDWManic

I totally agree with you I think they should do something with the lagoon or put 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea back into it. They could do so much stuff with that lagoon, I hope they do something with that soon.

WDWspider

Oh really, I heard from a REALLY BAD SOURCE that Coaster Kingdom is almost finished and it's construction is being covered up by a "Pop Century" code name.

Stop the presses.

Invero

OMG! Today, I heard from this guy who heard from his brother who heard from his neighbor who heard from her mother who heard from her grand-daughter who heard from her best friends's fiance who has a long lost cousin (twice removed) who used to work for Disney, that if you say the magic word, they'll let you into the parks for free! It's true! My source is so good. :hammer:

mickeysv

Account Suspended
I think something big is going to be coming out of animal kingdom soon. Why do I say this. There just seems like there is too much buzz around it. Kinda of like when space, dinoland, or aladdin was anounced. Too many sites and sources are all all saying dragon coaster in one form or another. Even the E channel announced a brand new coaster from disney related to reign of fire. Screamscape.com has a good point this could be old news, but E is owned by disney and why would they let complete bogus info come out. I'm not saying I'm 100% sold on this. I just have a hunch that we can expect a major announcement from disney before winter and know I didn't here this from my reliable source. this just happens to be where all practicle sence is pointing to right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom