MK early closing on May 16, 2010

SorcererGrandma

Original Poster
Does anyone have a clue why the MK would close at 5pm on May 16, 2010? I know it's the last day of the Flower and Garden thing at EPCOT, but would that somehow affect the MK? Would they, for instance, need to pull cast members from MK for anything special at EPCOT?

If a press event, what sort of thing could be planned that far in the future?

raven

Does anyone have a clue why the MK would close at 5pm on May 16, 2010? I know it's the last day of the Flower and Garden thing at EPCOT, but would that somehow affect the MK? Would they, for instance, need to pull cast members from MK for anything special at EPCOT?

They don't pull CM's from one park to another except for some character greeters and whatnot. There's probably just a private event going on.

DisneyParksFan1

Grad Night or...

A press event announcing WDW's 40th Anniversary. Didn't they announce DL's 50th IN the park itself? With Michael Eisner and Julie Andrews. Could be that. I don't see why they would close it though..

Jerm

Grad Night or...

A press event announcing WDW's 40th Anniversary. Didn't they announce DL's 50th IN the park itself? With Michael Eisner and Julie Andrews. Could be that. I don't see why they would close it though..

it is either a grad night or some private buyout event......do not try and turn this into that mythical event that was supposed to happen like 3 times over the past year or so of "THIS IS IT, here is the big announcement because I heard from a bus drivers sister that knows someone that works at the McD's that used to date someone that was an AP holder and had a good friend who was a bus driver"!!!!

djpoore94

Acording to TouringPlans.com the last Grad Nite is Saturday May 1. Since May 16 is a Sunday, I'm guess it's a private event.

PhotoDave219

Odds are, someone is renting out the park. I know Apple has done it and the last time i can remember was McDonalds doing it in 2004 for their convention.

bgraham34

Odds are, someone is renting out the park. I know Apple has done it and the last time i can remember was McDonalds doing it in 2004 for their convention.

Its rare for MK to get rented out if I am not mistaken. The studios is the most rented out park I believe.

eddiemcgarrigle

That's the reason why I will be at Hollywood Studios on May 16th. They can have Magic Kingdom if they want, I'll take Tower Of Terror in it's place.

disney4life2008

If it were my bday I would be mad too. But move on, go to another park that day and plan on MK another day. It wont be your bday but it will still be magical. I will be there on the 17th.

MissM

If it were my bday I would be mad too. But move on, go to another park that day and plan on MK another day. It wont be your bday but it will still be magical. I will be there on the 17th.
I'm a Florida resident AP'er that lives an hour away. I'm there all the time. So it's not that big of a deal, it's just a bummer. Being a Sunday I probably wouldn't be there that day anyway and would go on the day before. It's only in 2009 that going on your actual birthday mattered for the free admission (or free gift card in my case.) It's just not typically a day you expect to see it close early for an event.

wdwfan22

Disney Grad Nite's for 2010 are April 23, 24, 30 & May 1st and do not require the park to close at 5:00 pm. More than likely a special event will be taking place on that evening.

Batphobic

Acording to TouringPlans.com the last Grad Nite is Saturday May 1. Since May 16 is a Sunday, I'm guess it's a private event.

Can you please tell me how to view an extended tourinplans.com calendar? The one online appears to only go through mid Decemeber, but you're talking about May? Does that require a purchase or subscription of some sort on that site? Thanks in advance.

Batphobic

Can you please tell me how to view an extended tourinplans.com calendar? The one online appears to only go through mid Decemeber, but you're talking about May? Does that require a purchase or subscription of some sort on that site? Thanks in advance.

Sorry - just answered my own question - it is a subscription. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom