Mission Space

Favrefire4

Original Poster
Okay, I've been reading a lot on M:S and a lot of people have said the launch is pretty good. I'm wondering how powerful, rough the launch is. I can handle Body Wars, and Star Tours with no problems. All I am concerned about is the launch. How many g's do you pull on the launch and how bad does that hurt? Also, how long does the launch last? Thank you all for your help.

tj229er

Ok take both of your hands and press on your chest. This is about what the launch feels like. It dosen't really hurt though. I felt no pain what so ever. Also you'll feel your checks being pushed back from the g's. The launch is actually pretty smooth not jurky at all. It last for about 10- 15 sec.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Around 2.5Gs. As said above, it doesnt hurt, but it is intense. :) There are also similar forces at other parts of the ride.

General Grizz

It hurts for some...not for others. My family reported of their cheeks hurting (from all of the force on the face) and some chest pressure. Same thing from one student at school who rode the attraction.

Other people go out just fine.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by AndyPretty
2.5 G's , is that about the average of a standard coaster ? Wondering how the 2 would compare.

Kinda...
The difference is that on a coaster the Gs you feel are very brief, only a second or two.
On Mission:Space, the Gs are sustained for several seconds, so rather than just getting a sense of them, you sort of "endure" them.
It's really cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom