mission space month in 2003???

hellokitty1

Original Poster
does any site say what time of year the mission
space attraction may open. should we expect
late in the year? dont things usually open late?

thank
seh in texas;)

in reply to steve's post below:
what does disney refer to as spring?
we are thinking of going spring break
which is march 2003..to early??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Planned official opening is Spring 2003. The general feeling on this attraction is that it will open on time (or earlier), due to its realistic installation/opening timescales.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by hellokitty1

in reply to steve's post below:
what does disney refer to as spring?
we are thinking of going spring break
which is march 2003..to early??

March 2003 is around the target official opening date.
This far out, I think it will be hard for the crew to have firm dates in mind. I know with Rockn Roller, they aimed for "Summer", and as they got close, they narrowed down the soft opening to June, Official in July.

So with Space, they are aiming for Spring, with March in mind.

Its a bit risky going in March - but good luck! :)

tim911

Isn't there a countdown clock in innoventions that is counting down to a specific date? I remember seeing this when I last visited in May, but I do not remember what day it was counting down to.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yeah there is a countdown clock. I would have thought it unlikely that this is 100% accurate - they cant be held to an opening date jsut based on a coutndown clock they have. They may well start to "adjust" it as they get nearer the date. :)

thoehammer

If they open in spring of 2003 i will be to early on my trip in the fall of 2002 ...well guess i will have to plan another trip in fall of 2003 i like the fall .

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Accourding to surces they plan to have the outside of the building complete by December 2001. The inside should be completed by December 2002 which allows thema couple of monthes between then and Spring or Summer 2003 to get the bugs out of it. They won't officially announce it till Summer 2002 or Late 2002 because they don't want another long delay like they had with Test Track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom