Mission Space Control Room

jmills006

Original Poster
Does anyone know what purpose the control room in the queue serves? I sometimes see cast members sitting on the other side of the desk and sometimes not. Thanks!

Phonedave

The actual controls for the ride are on the other side of the fake controls that face you.

Its pretty cool inside. My kids and I got a tour of it one time as a "random magical moment" (not during Dreams - if I remember right it was during HCOE) Some CM just approached us at random. We got to hang out, watch the CMs operate the ride, and ask questions. We had some pretty good discussions about the ride operations. But .... no pictures allowed :(

-dave

Rob562

The actual controls for the ride are on the other side of the fake controls that face you.

Well, "controls" isn't exactly the proper term for what they have over there. Yes, they can control certain aspects of the ride, but I don't think they have any direct input in the normal cycling operation of the attraction. They're there to monitor all of the systems, monitor the security video monitors, and most likely they have some sort of E-stop capability.

I don't believe they play a role in the cycle-to-cycle operation of the simulators. That's done by the CMs who you interact with in the briefing rooms, hallway and simulator pods. But I'm sure the control booth plays a large role in coordinating ride start-ups.

-Rob

Pioneer Hall

I went there on UnDiscovered Future World, and it was an actual control area. They monitor the pods and can do certain functions to control the ride there.

WDWCPF98

So they do monitor each pod? I always wondered why they tell you to keep your eyes open if you're not feeling well - is it so those in the control booth at least know you're conscious?

hpyhnt 1000

So they do monitor each pod? I always wondered why they tell you to keep your eyes open if you're not feeling well - is it so those in the control booth at least know you're conscious?

More because by keeping your eyes on the screen, it sorta "tricks" your body into thinking its moving latterally instead of spinning in circles. Closing your eyes eliminates the visual illusion that you're moving forward, and for some people, this can cause the body to realize its actually spinning very quickly in a circle and make the person feel even more dizzy, sick, and disoriented.

SleepingMonk

I suggest all new riders close their eyes, lean forward as far as possible and shake their head side to side slowly.

IT'S A WHOLE NEW RIDE THAT WAY!!!

:D

Edeyore

Ride the ride the way it was meant to be ridden. Follow all of the directions and it is an incredible rush. It is a great sensory experience. (but don't eat lunch at the Land, before riding.) :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom