missing disney world....

TheDisneyQueen

Original Poster
hey everyone... I need some help....what can the unfortunate souls of this website do that are not going to wdw this year? if any of u have ideas please share them, I need to bring disney into my life lol =/

coltow

I agree. I've got over a year and I think about things all the time. My sisters and I keep talking about what we'd like to do. What days should we go, what parks on each day, where to eat, where to stay?

I too check here probably 3 times a day. By having as much info as possible will help us in our planning granted we've all been well over 30 times and one of my sisters did the college program 3 times, so we know what we like/dislike. This will be the first time in probably 15 years that we have ALL gone together along with my parents and my 2 sons, so we want to plan way ahead.

majortom1981

lol

Since you live in chicago they are opening up a dvc preview center. You can go there.

If you have time warner cable or cablevision you can view the disney travel on demand channel. I looked at it yesterday and they had some cool shows. They started this series called secrets and rumours of disney parks (name could be wrong) where in each episode they go through the rumours and state if they are true or not. That could help.

I am lucky because I live an hours train ride from NYC and I go to the World of Disney Store once a month . That helped a lot. Everyday They have different characters that you can get pictures with. this last weekend they had jack sparrow there. I got pictures with him and everything. I even got him to sing that song that he sings in the movies. The Cast members even let me film it.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

hey everyone... I need some help....what can the unfortunate souls of this website do that are not going to wdw this year? if any of u have ideas please share them, I need to bring disney into my life lol =/

I'm in the same boat......sorta,im going in July but got my fix by hunting down every ride-thru and show video i could find and put them on my iPod :)

It really helps the slow days at work as well

mprice

You know it's bad when you go to a half-rate amusement park like (for here in Carolina, Paramount's Carrowinds, so aptly dubbed Crapowinds) and you pull down that lap bar and immediately you're homesick for WDW. Horrible feeling when you raelize for now you're stuck on a 30second roller coaster that does nothing but give you a headache and a dumb chance to look at your on-ride photo.

Fun2BFree

For a family that only goes over 3-5 years, I put the music on my iPod, the videos on my PC and use Disnotine patches twice daily. Of course, the best way to pass the time is to book a trip, and then you know when the misery will end.

P.S. I loved your videos rec213! They really captured the excitement of a trip to Disney.

Pooh88

We are not going until October and I can barely wait. Next year would be worse. I check this site often and do the podcast thing as it gets closer.

Raven66

Do what I'm doing - book for the following year, immerse yourself in the planning and visit here daily

This is what I'm doing too. We aren't going to Feb 2008 and I'm getting super antsy.:eek:

I'm so excited about the planning and I'm trying to get my husband involved but he just says it's too far away to get excited. So now instead of planning I have to go and find a new husband, one that will plan when I want too.:lookaroun :D I'm just kidding. Or am I?

smk

This is what I'm doing too. We aren't going to Feb 2008 and I'm getting super antsy.:eek:

I'm so excited about the planning and I'm trying to get my husband involved but he just says it's too far away to get excited. So now instead of planning I have to go and find a new husband, one that will plan when I want too.:lookaroun :D I'm just kidding. Or am I?
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :D

Missymoe4

Since you live in chicago they are opening up a dvc preview center. You can go there.

By any chance, is this going to be in the Woodfield Mall outside of Nordstorm? I don't know how many people know of the place, but there is a storefront with Disney logos all over it...and with the phrase, "Where all your dreams come true" sprawled across it. And no, it is not a Disney Store...the mall already has one of those. (By the way, I've asked at the Mall's "customer center help desk" and not one person has the slightest of clues...of course with 300 stores, it may be difficult to keep track)

Thanks for any info!

By the way: Sorry for leading the thread off topic...my apologies

jsfra209

If you have time warner cable or cablevision you can view the disney travel on demand channel. I looked at it yesterday and they had some cool shows. They started this series called secrets and rumours of disney parks (name could be wrong) where in each episode they go through the rumours and state if they are true or not. That could help.

I am lucky because I live an hours train ride from NYC and I go to the World of Disney Store once a month . That helped a lot. Everyday They have different characters that you can get pictures with. this last weekend they had jack sparrow there. I got pictures with him and everything. I even got him to sing that song that he sings in the movies. The Cast members even let me film it.

Hey major tom, i live in ny and have cablevision...what channel are you taking about? I have IO, and i just checked the on demmand menu and cant find what you are talking about. Please help, i am super super curious now!:animwink:

Miss Bell

We usually go in the summer, but this year we went in March, which was great...in March. Now that summer is here, we are all moping about like it has been forever since we've been.

My husband and my 20th wedding anniversary is in July, so on a whim I even started running every trip scenerio I could think of to work in summer trip, but alas have decided that we need to wait until at least March again to make it feasible.

So, I feel your pain--the waiting is excruciating, but it is part of whole experience as far as I'm concerned.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom