Minor Path Flood at AK

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
Nothing major but it might suck after ROL if they don’t have this taken care of. They’ve closed off the path between Discovery Island and Dinoland on one side only. You can go around in front of Flametree but it was already uncomfortable with the crowds at 8:30. I did think it was somewhat funny that we couldn’t walk through the water. With exception of the one spot, how is this any different than heavy rain lol

Attachments

• 724183F9-A878-46D3-BC0E-E9EAD03F8AB4.jpeg
    724183F9-A878-46D3-BC0E-E9EAD03F8AB4.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 543

UncleMike101

Nothing major but it might suck after ROL if they don’t have this taken care of. They’ve closed off the path between Discovery Island and Dinoland on one side only. You can go around in front of Flametree but it was already uncomfortable with the crowds at 8:30. I did think it was somewhat funny that we couldn’t walk through the water. With exception of the one spot, how is this any different than heavy rain lol
Maybe it wasn't relatively clean like rain water.....:eek:

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
Maybe it wasn't relatively clean like rain water.....:eek:
Haha the thought crossed my mind after I posted. Which in that case.... ewwwww because you still had to walk through wet sidewalks to get around it so let’s hope not! Oh well. Slow news day for me I guess. Thought it was interesting lol for what it’s worth, and I’m totally not qualified to know this but there was quite a bit of sand/soil around the area the water was bubbling up which would indicate a broken pipe of some sort. So hopefully a clean water line :)

CaptainJackNO

Yeah, that or that raised section of whatever that is (Looks like an elephant footprint in slop). Do you all think Disney would place a sewer cleanout in front stage areas? I highly doubt that. But, who knows?

tissandtully

If you think that is bad, don’t be in the Inoventions Plaza during a down pour. I think the amount of water is measured in feet not inches.

Of course prior to Inoventions, it wasn’t a concrete wasteland.
Haha, Future World floods really badly, so bad that the CMs running the outdoor gift shops all have squeegees to push the water into the drain, I'm talking ankle high water sometimes.

pdude81

The flooding looks like any parking lot during a rain storm. They are blocking you off from whatever else is going on in the middle of that picture.

NothingRhymeswithOrange

It was raining pretty hard for 2 hours when I ran Wine and Dine in 2014. Most of the AK walkways were like this, so it isn't much of a surprise to me that they are still flooding out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom