Minnie Vans

JoMarch

Original Poster
Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted before.

If you are staying at a WDW resort, how long in advance should you call for a ride - if going from WDW resort to WDW resort for dinner reservations?

Also - this is no longer a pay one price...it's as per distance, so approx. $30-45 a trip?

TPSou

when we looked on the app last week there was sometimes a 45 minute wait at the resort, but I think it's just luck as to whether there's one near you.

We ended up always using Uber or a normal Lyft because the wait times were much shorter and it was a fraction of the cost ( but I get why you would want to spend extra for the security and magic of the minnie vans!)

mariedarling

Yes, as @TPSou said the way Minnie Vans work is when you request one it goes into a virtual queue and sent to the drivers randomly not based on location. so they could be far away We had an experience and wound up waiting 20 mins because he was far away. I believe it's still a flat fee.

Uber & Lyft are great options too. If you are going to Magic Kingdom Minnie Vans will drop you off where the Buses are dropped off. If you take a Uber or Lyft you will let off at TTC.

apartment j

We have never waited more than 8 minutes for a Minnie Van to arrive, although sometimes it has taken a while (10-15 minutes) for the app to connect us to a driver. Looking at my ride history in the Lyft app, my rides have ranged between $18-$62 before tip.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Uber & Lyft are great options too. If you are going to Magic Kingdom Minnie Vans will drop you off where the Buses are dropped off. If you take a Uber or Lyft you will let off at TTC.

IME, they'll drop you off at a resort for you to catch the monorail, and have also dropped me off at the sidewalk next to the bus stops.

reptar77

We haven't been able to book a Minnie Van at all our last 5 trips. It takes forever to get connected to a driver. We give up and book a regular lyft.

jaklgreen

Just got back and used Minnie van a few times and I did have an issue getting one during dinner time. It kept timing out and after trying for over a half an hour, I just got a cab. It is busy during dinner time but I have not has issued other times of the day.

DisneyJoe

Just got back and used Minnie van a few times and I did have an issue getting one during dinner time. It kept timing out and after trying for over a half an hour, I just got a cab. It is busy during dinner time but I have not has issued other times of the day.
We found a regular Lyft to be cheaper than a cab, but your mileage may vary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom