Mini Trip report 4/2 - the evening

RU42

Original Poster
The Return of RU

After spending the morning at DLR I had to go back home to take care of some real life stuff. Real life can be such a pain sometimes. Well, my duties took longer then I wished and didn't get back through the gates until 6:02pm.

The security check point was empty. The front gates were not. The line stretched back past the Monorail. At 6:00pm in the evening there were only 4 points of entry. That is pathetic. Yes, the day was much lighter then anticipated but if we are not in the park, we aren't spending money. It took me 15 minutes to get into the park.

Anyway, I met up with a fellow wdwmagicer (XFKirsten) and we had a great time last night. We met by City Hall and decided to see what was up with IJA. When we got there FP was sold out and the stand by was 75 mins. We decided to bypass that ride. We headed over to BTMRR.

The line was very short and moved well. I didn't pay attention but I think it was around 20 minutes. We were in row 13 and the sun was just going down. The ride was really fun in the back. My other times on it during the day I was near the front. The back is definitely the place to be. And any rumors that the ride has been slowed down is without merit; at least in our 2 opinions.

From there we strolled along the Rivers and ended up in front of HM. No line and walked right on. In the morning my first ride was in the left elevator. The next was the right. In the evening they were back to using the left. And I have only one comment. Can some CM please buy a bottle of windex and clean the spit off the clock.

From there food begins to call but as we pass PotC the line was empty. So we decided to take a little cruise. I had just finished my PotC video so I was pointing out to my partner the challenges I had in creating my video.

We hit the small burger place next to the Horseshoe for a quick bite and then wondered over to the hub and castle area. The hub I think looks good without the trees. It really opens up the plaza. My partner said some trees were removed by the Castle, in the grotto area. We couldn't determine, at that time, what has been changed.

We are getting closer to Believe, but not time to stake a claim to our spot yet. So we head over to Matterhorn and it was almost a walk on. The line didn't start until we were under the roof. 10 minutes or so of waiting and we were on board.

RANT ONE: Some people are so clueless. On a train, there are 4 positions for people. We ended up in spot 2. A 'group' was in 1, 3, and 4. First off, one guy couldn't decide if he wanted to ride in 1 or 4. He starts out in 4, then just as we move up jumps out to go to 1. Then changes his mind and jumps back out again. The CM had to hit the yellow button to stop the ride while this guy decides where to ride and finally gets buckled in. Then on the entire ride the solo person in front of us keeps turning around to yell to his friends in the back. Arg.

As we hit the water I hear the announcer say, please stay in your vehicles, someone will come help you shortly. Well, aparently the MH went down yet again. People were stuck on the ride.

After MH we had a little time left so we headed to IJA to see what was up. Still a long line but JC was pretty empty so we jumped on board. Good ride, good CM.

From there we decide to grab our spots for Believe. We are on the hub curb, slightly to the left of center, in front of the castle. Then it hits us, it looks like the trees behind the Grottto were trimmed. I still need to pull out pictures to confirm but they definitely look lower and a couple there that were closest to the Castle were gone.

Believe was great, glad to have it back.

RANT TWO: Some people just need to be slapped. The show starts. We are sitting on the curb. People are sitting in the streets, on the side walks, generally being good sea of sitting people. We can all sit and have a great time and great viewing. The show starts and rude idiots decide that is the perfect time to try and walk through a sea of sitting people. Yea folks, I want to see you butt in my face while watching fireworks. And it wasn't just 1 group. Group after group just had to walk through. I felt like taking my monopod and creating a few monopod people with it. Some people are just so into themsleves that the rest of the park just don't matter. I would love to see Disney rope off from the Coffee cart to the Popcorn Cart and not allow people from exiting Fantasmic to be able to walk by the front of the Castle. It is dark and morons feel the need to step on all of us. Arg!

After Believe we head to Fantasmic for the second showing. We get a great spot, on the rail, slightly to the right of center. Fantasmic was great as always. I never tire of the show. One question, what is up with the lack of usage of the Mark Twain? I like that so much better but it is still not in use.

After Fantasmic the loud speakers soon declaire that Disney is closing now get out. Oops that wasn't polite, please spend more money then get out. :) The crowds are incredibly thin, even with the mass exodus of a comparitively empty Fantasmic. No wait on the trams and we are back in the Mickey garage at 11:15.

Not a bad way to spend a Friday!

RU

xfkirsten

Definitely a nice Friday! I think the dreary weather kept a lot of people away. Now if only there was a specific way to control average crowd intelligence like that, we'd be set... :lol:

And I still find it funny that I went through the DL gates shortly after you did, and had no wait at all! :lol: Crowds (or lack thereof) at DCA made DL look packed. ;) 20 min was the longest Screamin' wait, and the 4:45 Aladdin never even opened up mezzanine.

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom