Mini Trip/Mini Report 4/5-4/9/06

Hi all! Got back last night from our favorite place. My brother was there for the Sungard 2006 conference which ended 4/5/06. I joined him on the 5th and away we went. The weather was perfect, slight breeze, mid-80's and sun everyday. It rained hard with thunder and lightning late Saturday but we were both in bed so it didn't bother us.

4/5 - Went to AK and rode EE. What a great ride. The posted Stand-By time was 30 minutes (after 5:00 on an EMH night). We were on and off the ride in 25. The queue looked nice but we were moving to quickly to really see much of it. (no complaint here) We did other AK things, Dinosaur, Safari, etc. then headed to DTD.

4/6 - MK with lunch at Tony's. Made our way around the park stopping whenever and where ever we wanted enjoying the park. We went back to the YC to swim then back to MK for Wishes.

4/7 - MGM day. We didn't have our teenagers with us so we avoided RnR and ToT. We did the Animation tour (really miss the old one), GMR, walked through the Narnia set, and did Millionaire. I got on and made it to the 64,000 question which I answered incorrectly and that was it, my 15 minutes of fame were over. Anyone there on the 7th who saw Nancy from Chicago, that was me. I really thought the answer was Joe Montana. After lunch at Mama Melrose's we walked back to the YC. Nice walk on a beautiful Spring Day. We headed to Epcot for dessert (Chocolate Mousse and Tiramisu) and did Test Track during Illuminations with only a 30 minute wait. We hit a few other attractions, shopped a bit then left.

4/8 - Epcot day hit the attractions we missed the evening before, walked the countries then decided that we wanted to go back to the MK. Off to the monorail. (Side note, we usually stay at a monorail resort so this was very odd that our first monorail ride of the trip was on our final evening of the trip. My brother's conference was at the YC so we stayed there.) PoC was open today so we rode it twice in a row then bopped around the park riding this and that. The park was open until 11:00, but we didn't want to be caught in the crowds so we left after the fireworks but before 11:00.

4/9 - Got ready to leave, dumped our bags with DME and headed back to MGM to do Indy, One Man's Dream and even Sounds Dangerous then boated to Epcot for another ride on Spaceship Earth, some shopping and then back to the YC to get our DME back to the airport.

General comments, the weather was perfect, crowds were manageable. In the 5 days we only got 4 FP's, Test Track, BTMRR, Space, Indiana Jones. Every other ride we went Stand-By. No ride was at the posted time and in most cases, we were off the ride in less than the posted wait time. (We like to test the posted wait time with the stop watch feature on my brother's watch.) Great trip!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Nansafan said:
and did Millionaire. I got on and made it to the 64,000 question which I answered incorrectly and that was it, my 15 minutes of fame were over. Anyone there on the 7th who saw Nancy from Chicago, that was me. I really thought the answer was Joe Montana.
What was the question ?

Glad you had a great time - thanks for sharing your trip

Nansafan

Original Poster
I'm not sure of the exact wording right now but basically the question was:

Which player won the NFL Most Valuable Player award 3 times?
A. Brett Favre
B. Joe Montana
C. Walter Payton
D. Kurt Warner

I only had the "Phone a complete stranger" lifeline left. The stranger said A. Brett Favre. I made a joke that being from Chicago, it goes against my heart of hearts to admit that a Green Bay Packer would be the answer. Seriously though my first gut reaction was B. Joe Montana which is the answer I went with. I should have with the caller since the correct answer was Brett Favre. This is the 2nd time I've made it to the hot seat, the first time being in July of 2004 where I answered the 64,000 question correctly but walked away from the 125,000, I didn't even have a guess. My reasoning for walking away was because my brother had made it to the hot seat 6 months before me and had a 32,000 pin but not the 64,000 pin and being the older sister, I couldn't let my baby brother beat me. Childish yes but even at 43 and 39, we're still a bit competitive.

If someone saw me playing the game, let me know. Thanks.

DisneyBunny

Nansafan said:
I'm not sure of the exact wording right now but basically the question was:

Which player won the NFL Most Valuable Player award 3 times?
A. Brett Favre
B. Joe Montana
C. Walter Payton
D. Kurt Warner

I only had the "Phone a complete stranger" lifeline left. The stranger said A. Brett Favre. I made a joke that being from Chicago, it goes against my heart of hearts to admit that a Green Bay Packer would be the answer. Seriously though my first gut reaction was B. Joe Montana which is the answer I went with. I should have with the caller since the correct answer was Brett Favre. This is the 2nd time I've made it to the hot seat, the first time being in July of 2004 where I answered the 64,000 question correctly but walked away from the 125,000, I didn't even have a guess. My reasoning for walking away was because my brother had made it to the hot seat 6 months before me and had a 32,000 pin but not the 64,000 pin and being the older sister, I couldn't let my baby brother beat me. Childish yes but even at 43 and 39, we're still a bit competitive.

If someone saw me playing the game, let me know. Thanks.

It should make you feel better that I have no idea who C and D are, and only a vague idea of who A and B are... I would have lost no matter what! As for the competative vibe - there's a good reason why I don't even go to Millionare anymore. My Brother in law made it to the second to last question once, and has never let us forget it.

Nansafan

Original Poster
Sacrilige, not know who Walter Payton (Chicago Bear) was, only the best running back ever to play the game. It took a long time before anyone beat his all-time rushing yards. For many years he was the only offense the Bears had. I love football and knew of all the players. Kurt Warner hasn't been playing long enough for 3 MVP's and the Bears only made it to one Super Bowl in all the years Payton played. Favre and Montana were the logical choices, but I picked wrong. I really thought it was Joe Montana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom