Mine Train coaster -- a thrill or family ride? or both?

jjharvpro

Original Poster
All the information that Disney has given us is that this Dwarves Mine Train coaster will be a

"rollicking, musical ride into the mine 'where a million diamonds shine.' The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs."

So, though none of us know exactly know the specifics, is this supposed to be a thrill ride(Expedition Everest) or a family coaster(Barnstormer)?

Please voice your opinion...

C&D

While closer to Expedition Everest, it is several notches less in intensity. If I were to rate the Big Thunder Mountain between the Barnstormer and Expedition Everest on a grid from 1 to 5, I would give BTM a 3.

jjharvpro

Original Poster
Ok, that sounds about right. I can see it being a Big Thunder Mtn. Thrills are there, but it's not quite an Everest. I get that.

By the way, I LOVE the idea that it goes inside & outside! Looking at the concept art, I got really excited a/b it!

Mansion Butler

Yeah, what constitutes "thrill" is obviously subjective. Among Disney coasters, I'd guess this thing is going to be closest to Thunder Mountain on the thrill-o-meter, but slightly lower.

tbdolewhip

Hey guys, I think you are talking about the wrong coaster.
the seven dwarves mine train coaster is going to be in Fantasy Land and suitable for adults and children. Not too rough. tbdolewhip

NYwdwfan

I read somewhere it is supposed to be on a thrill level between Barnstormer and Big Thunder.

I think we read the same thread. I also remember reading that because the cars will sway a bit the turns will be accentuated even though the track itself may not be particularly "thrilling".

Mammymouse

Our 6 year old granddaughter really likes Barnstormer and Thunder Mountain both, but if she had to choose between the two I know Thunder Mountain would win out. So because we go on a somewhat frequent basis (she lives in Fl.) naturally she has racked up more ride time than those kids vacationing once a year or less, and maybe that puts her a little ahead in the "not afraid anymore to go on a thrill ride" department. I would guess then that anywhere between ages 6 to 8 years old would be the average age that kids step up to the next thrill level. This year she went on Tower of Terror and while she loved it, I think it was a bit intense yet for her and she hasn't mentioned that as her favorite - Thunder still is. So we're hoping that the new Mine coaster is closer to Thunder Mountain than Goofy for all our (adults, too) excitement levels.

jjharvpro

Original Poster
Of course, since it's going to be in Fantasyland, it won't be any Rock n' Roller Coaster, but in my mind, I will think that it will turn out closest to Big Thunder.

Also, I'm not going to Disney for thrills. I'm going for magic, fun, & memories. So Disney will have some thrills, but we're not looking at anything for the Mine Train coaster where we go backwards, go down an 80 foot drop, or experience two inversions and a corkscrew...

WDW FTW

Itll be between 20mph and 30mph, a hybrid between a dark ride and a coaster, the cars Disney is trying to get tested are being built to tip both back and forth as well as sway side to side.

So its a family thriller :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom