Military passes & FP+

Texas84

Original Poster
I'm waiting to hear back from Disney on how military passes will work with FP+. Will update here if I hear anything. Has anyone heard how this will work? I can schedule FP+ because I have an AP but the rest of the family will be getting military passes which have to activated at a ticket booth. Guess I could get them on base and try linking the passes. We usually go to SoG for passes but I want to schedule FP+ in advance.

DisneyJoe

Military passes are a discounted pass, somewhat like those from a discount ticket broker, but the discount is due to your service in the military.

There should be no issue at all linking them to MDE.

If you want to schedule FP+ in advance I'd recommend you purchase from your base.

Texas84

Original Poster
Military passes are a discounted pass, somewhat like those from a discount ticket broker, but the discount is due to your service in the military.

There should be no issue at all linking them to MDE.

If you want to schedule FP+ in advance I'd recommend you purchase from your base.

Probably worth a shot. I was wondering if the park activation would be an issue.

Texas84

Original Poster
Response from Disney today:

That is a great question! If they receive a physical ticket with a bar code on the back of it then they can be linked online manually or scanned through the My Disney Experience Mobile App. However most Military Bases will give guests a paper voucher, these are not able to be linked until they pick up the physical tickets at the theme parks.

CariRae

After researching this through forums on multiple sites, I started seeing that people HAVE been able to link their paper military vouchers to MDE. On the ones we got from our base, there is a bar code at the bottom with a number. I entered each into MDE (making a note on each voucher which family member I assigned that voucher to) and MDE accepted my tickets! I have had no problem making FP+ selections. On other boards, people have said their FP+ selections easily transferred over to their actual tickets once they exchanged them at Disney, like "magic"! I'm going in the beginning of December and will try to report back if there were any problems.

Texas84

Original Poster
Update: SoG is now giving vouchers and they have no numbers. So they can't be used for FP+.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Once you get your 4 day ticket voucher (the ones you exchange), You link your 4 day voucher just by typing in the code/number under the bar scan. It is long. I just linked mine where it says id.

Sorry! Just saw the above post. Do the vouchers have a bar code? There was something said about scanning them using the mobile scan app??

Last edited:

obrienIII

I bought 6 passes from the base in Pensacola last week, and was able to type in the voucher code for each person and make the fastpass+ selections.

Texas84

Original Poster
SoG vouchers don't have any code at all. But everyone I've heard from so far says the vouchers from military installations do indeed have codes. So for now, be sure to get your passes on base in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom