Mickey's ToonTown

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Is anyone aware of if the structures are intact, and (if so) where they are? I heard they were demolished but other people said otherwise.

EnergyKing

While Toon Town was never my thing, I appreciated having all the meet-and-greets in one designated spot, whereas now it has infiltrated the once creative, ride-driven Fantasyland.

As for New Fantasyland, sure it's pretty, but that Mermaid ride is, in my opinion, the biggest insult ever to Disney guests. Such a beautiful queue area and large space wasted on such a boring attraction. And why the need for another Mermaid ride when DHS already has an attraction that tells the exact same story? Why not do something different, a twist perhaps? If you're going to have 2 rides based on the same source material, make them at least tell different stories. For example, a scary Ursula-themed ride could've been great. Like the original Snow White's Adventures, where the witch dominated everything.

Speaking of Snow White, the new 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is fun, but for a 90 minute plus wait? Definitely not worth it. Me and my gf caught the short line during fireworks, and only waited 15 minutes. So while we didn't think it was spectacular, it functioned well as a harmless kiddie ride with slight thrills. But for my parents and siblings who then waited over an hour for the same ride? Wayyyy too short for such a wait. The ride needed, perhaps another set-piece, and a longer track, with some more thrills. Because, as it stands right now, it's sadly underwhelming.

Biggest surprise of Fantasyland - Winnie the Pooh ride. I temporarily lifted the boycott (still not over Mr. Toad's departure) to kill time while waiting for other family members. Me and my gf both agreed that the ride, at least, captures that old-school, surreal, vaguely nightmarish quality of the original dark rides. Maybe it's just me, but does anyone find it a bit drug related? Lol. Not a great ride by any means, but compared to Little Mermaid, a masterpiece of imagination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom