Mickey's Not So Scarey Crowd Volume

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
What should we expect? We've never been to an event at MK where you need separate tickets. Will it be noticeably less crowded or just another busy night? Seems MK been pretty crowded since the calender chanced to October and we've pretty much only went to Epcot each weekend since to enjoy the libations during F&W...

Monkee Girl

I have never been there but will be going to the party 10/24. From what I understand, since the party tickets are limited, the crowds will be quite lower than the day. Even if the parties are sold out, it should not compare to a normal night at Disney.

I will also say that I normally go during Easter week, one of the busier weeks at Disney and if I go after 11 for one of the EMHs, they are not usually that crowded. So if I can handle the EMH crowds at Easter, I can handle the ticketed party crowds.

The only time I could see it becoming crazy would be around 7 when the start closing the parks.

Anyone with a more knowledgeable opinion would be appreciated. With going this Thursday, I am interested in the crowd level too.

draybook

Just a heads up, they claim the tickets are limited but I find that hard to believe. And yes, if it's sold out you will definitely be able to tell the difference, especially if it's a Friday night. That being said, if you plan on doing the Boo to You parade, make sure you get a spot at LEAST 45-60 minutes in advance.

ImagineerDude

We went on a sold out night last year and nearly every ride was a walk on, but the hub after the fireworks was insanity. Some complained about character lines being too long but we only waited about 20 minutes for the dwarfs. Wait to Trick or Treat until later because the lines will be shorter. It's a very fun time! The parade was ok IMO, but I loved the fireworks finale and the Villains Mix and Mingle in front of the castle.

wogwog

According to cast member acquaintances the "sold out" number is about 25K as apposed to 70k on a crazy busy day like a holiday weekend or spring break. But that is only after 7 PM when the day guests are exited out of the park. So from 4 to 7 it can still be crazy crowded. The rides have very short lines most of the time. Many of the folks in attendance are after the treats, M&G, parades, special shows, and fireworks. The specific Halloween events are jammed.

luv

The park can get crowded, especially on Sold Out nights. The lines for rides aren't bad because most of the people who go to these things are there for the party-specific stuff and not to ride Peter Pan. The only thing I make a point of riding during MNSSHP is the Haunted Mansion, because there is a ghost and the staff gets all decked out. Very cool.

"Boo to You" is considered by most fans (including me) to be Disney's best parade, all year long. It's very popular. People start claiming their spots up to an hour before it begins.

You may be there on a fairly uncrowded night, but don't count on it, KWIM?

JohnD

The very first thing I did the week that I was there was the Halloween Party. So, for me, no waits for rides was wonderful. I could get rides out of the way then focus on the fun of the party. BTW, I went 9/29, and PPF was going under refurb the very next day, so PPF was a must-do at the party.

M&G isn't my thing but I took in the Parade at the Liberty Square entrance. I had a great view straight down Frontierland right at the turn toward the castle. I agree the Villains show/fireworks was insane on Main Street.

I was at the Halloween party on the 14th and 18th, both nights were sold out. At times I had to take baby steps because it was packed. Also, everyone seems to have the same idea, "lets go to the Haunted Mansion".

My personal opinion: Hallowishes was ok, but I like Wishes better. The parade was pretty cool, worth watching once a night. Don't bother with trick or treating until later in the night unless you don't mind waiting in lines for candy. By 10 you can go through line rather quickly and get handfuls of candy. (Also noticed a lot of inappropriate costumes, not suitable for disney, more for a college party) just one mans opinion.

jensenrick

I went on 10/18 this year, and it was VERY busy, but all the candy lines moved swiftly. The M&Gs were CRAZY long lines however. It didn't seem like rides were walk ons like year past either, we waited 20 min for pirates, with the line snaking outside the building, 25 min for Jungle Cruise and 30 minutes for Haunted Mansion, with a line out the gates and down the road. Fortunately we used FP tix on HM that we had been given at Aladdin's ride, because it broke right before we were supposed to get on. JC looked very nice BTW.

merry68

We did 2 parties last week- 10/17 and 10/18. Both Sold Out. THursday night wasn't bad, we did a lot, including meeting Jack and Sally and that only took 50minutes! Compared to some folks who were waiting 90min+, we did pretty good. We also rode a number of rides and met other characters, snagged a few Villains.

Friday evening was a different story, it seemed very crowded and we had heard that local schools were out of school that day, and we saw many kids with matching shirts on. The party was ok, but crowds were everywhere, and we were glad we got a lot done the night before. We were still able to do a lot of rides, but the crowds hung on pretty late, we saw a lot of small kids camped out with their parents waiting on the 2nd parade of the evening.

Matt_Black

I'll be going this coming Sunday; fingers crossed that it being a school night the local crowds are somewhat manageable. Definitely want to meet Jack & Sally, Tarzan & Jane, and the princesses with their princes

MCP75inFL

We have gone every year since my oldest daughter was like six or seven and she's turning 18 in 2 months! I can say the only time we ever felt over crowded during the party and actually left after just a couple hours was 2011 on Halloween.

Edited for correction.. It was a few hours we stayed not a couple.. It just felt like we were jammed in like sardines we couldn't move any where we went.

Last edited:

PrincessMia

We went to the party last Monday night, and it was sold out. It was no where near as busy as MK most of the week. We were very pleased, especially after seeing all the "sold out" signs.

stichrules

I have never been there but will be going to the party 10/24. From what I understand, since the party tickets are limited, the crowds will be quite lower than the day. Even if the parties are sold out, it should not compare to a normal night at Disney.

I will also say that I normally go during Easter week, one of the busier weeks at Disney and if I go after 11 for one of the EMHs, they are not usually that crowded. So if I can handle the EMH crowds at Easter, I can handle the ticketed party crowds.

The only time I could see it becoming crazy would be around 7 when the start closing the parks.

Anyone with a more knowledgeable opinion would be appreciated. With going this Thursday, I am interested in the crowd level too.
No that is not true on the crowds if it is sold out. We went to the party on 10/10 and it was sold out and the park was packed. The trick ot treat lines were wall to wall people. It was very difficult to move thru the crowds. We had a spot in Frontierland for the parade and tried to move toward the hub for the fireworks never made it and had a horrible view of the fireworks. If it is a sell out expect cowd levels along the lins of the 4th of july fireworks crowd.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I went on the 11th and after the fireworks the crowd disappeared and my niece and i went around the park hitting all the candy trails. I would say that doing that was the best part, the BGM took the place to a new level in Fantasyland. We were going around singing all the songs while getting candy. I loved the event and will be doing it next year! It didn't seem like a sold out crowd to me, the only thing we really waited for was M&G

Tom 55

What should we expect? We've never been to an event at MK where you need separate tickets. Will it be noticeably less crowded or just another busy night? Seems MK been pretty crowded since the calender chanced to October and we've pretty much only went to Epcot each weekend since to enjoy the libations during F&W...

I have been twice to MNSSHP and once to the Christmas Party. The crowds are less than usual but the special parades and fireworks that they have really draw the crowds. As for going on the rides they are usually no or very little lines. I think this is because there are so many other things going on during these party's that the guest are not riding the rides. The location to trick or treat are spread through out the park. So you have to chose to do that or do the rides. We tried to do both and never got to all the trick or treat locations. Here is a picture of us with Ariel on Sept 17th 2013.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 48

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom