Mickey's Halloween Party or Skip it?

jessnic95

Hi! We're going to WDW (AKL!!!) at the end of September and trying to decide if we should do MNSSHP this year. I have 3 little ones (7,5,&4) and we really planned on doing early mornings at the parks (to avoid the crowds) and have them in bed by 8. Is it really worth it to do the Halloween party? How crazy is the MK for the party? Do you have to purchase special tickets, even if you are staying on-site with a package? Any and ALL information on the Halloween party would be GREAT!! Thanks for all your help!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
By all means go to the MNSSHP it is an absolute blast. The "Happy Hallowwishes" fireworks and the parade are incredible. Bring costumes for the kids so they can dress up and really get into the trick or treat spirit. The event is a hard ticketed event so it will not be included in your package. Tickets will run about $45 or less depending on pre-purchase price. If it is like last year you will be able to get into MK at about 4:00 PM with a MNSSHP ticket.

Upvote 0

KelsaBels

Definitely go to the Halloween Party!!! I think it's some of the best times and memories we've had in the Magic Kingdom. We've gotten there early and sometimes had rides completely to ourselves. Everyone in costume is sooooo great! It's worth the ticket...Go and have fun!
We're going in September too, maybe we'll see you there :wave:

Upvote 0

MagicUK

You must go

Its a must. We skipped it in 2005, but went last year for the first time. We are two adults with no children and would never miss it again. I thought it was a little expensive until I got there. The atmosphere was amazing, it was like a totaly different park. You see way more characters than on a normal day and different ones that are rare to see usualy. The que times for the attractions are short and the special parades, shows and fire works are second to none.
In short I could not recommend it enough.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

DanStat

It was so much fun. The lights on the Haunted Mansion are awesome! There is SO much candy to be had! You'll love it! My dad even loved it.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

It is very fun for all the reasons mentioned above! If you are worried about your kids then do a pool day or something relaxing during the day and maybe a nap early afternoon so that they will be ready for the party that night. Also, you may not want to make any solid plans for the morning after incase everyone stayed up too late!

Upvote 0

coltow

Don't miss it!

It is very fun for all the reasons mentioned above! If you are worried about your kids then do a pool day or something relaxing during the day and maybe a nap early afternoon so that they will be ready for the party that night. Also, you may not want to make any solid plans for the morning after incase everyone stayed up too late!

This is exactly how we did it when we went. We stayed at the pool most of the day and made sure to get a nap in. We left for the park at 3:30 because we could get in at 4pm. DS who was almost 2 was able to make it until about 10:30 that night because we took it easy during the day. It's a great event and not only for kids. We saw many people in costumes, but not everyone. We just wore Halloween shirts we got a Target and ds did go in his costume. We changed him out of his costume after the parade so that we wouldn't have to try to take it off of a sleeping child.

Upvote 0
I did the party for the first time last year and I dressed up as Cinderella and I came to MK around 4:30 and all these little girls were saying hello Cinderella!! It was so much fun a cast member gave me a sticker with Cinderella on it before the parade it was so nice! I say DO IT! DRESS UP! GET CANDY! INTERACT WITH THE CHARACTERS! :sohappy: I'm going to keep going!

Upvote 0
We did the MVMCP the last time we went with our 4 & 5 yr old children. They are generally in bed by 8 and they were having so much fun before we knew it the park was closing! They did fall asleep on the way to the resort. There was a thread that compared MNSSHP & MVMCP and most said MNSSHP is better. We are planning a 7 day trip at the end of Sept. just for the party.

Upvote 0

joelleharbert

OK, I know I'm going to blasted for this, but I thought the MNSSHP was overrated. My kids are the same age as yours and they enjoyed going to the parks early in the morning, swimming in the afternoon, and then just going to the park in the evening on the regular night more than they did at the MNSSHP. When we went last September, it was hot for the kids in their costumes and it poured the whole time we were there. It was very disorganized the night we went and we felt the Wishes fireworks were WAY better than the Hallowishes. This is just my opinion, but if I were to do it again, I'd save the money I spent on the MNSSHP and just do an extra day at the parks during regular hours. Please, please don't blast me for this, I'm just telling you our impression last year.:shrug:

Upvote 0

raven

I'm 35 and I dressed up last year with my group and had a blast! There were kids of ALL ages dressed up including a guy in a Banana costume. The lighting and music everywhere were very cool and it was nice to see MK look a little different then what we were used to. There were so many characters around and the candy stations were everywhere. It's the good name-brand candy too. In fact, we came home with 25lbs. of it!. Please do not skip this event if you are debating it!

Upvote 0

willythelab

You gotta go!

MNSSHP is one of the best special events of the year at WDW. I hauled out more candy than you can ever imagine. Hallowishes alone is worth it. Dress up, pig out and have a great night of it. Next to the old fireworks they haul out at Disney Studios on the Fourth of July, it is the best. You gotta go! Btw, I know we don't mention Stupidversal Studios here, but Halloween Horror nights is fun if you have 20 beers and a bowstaff.

:fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Upvote 0

MPitzen

What type of costume would anyone recommend for 2 adults (honeymoon) on Sept. 14 (from what I read on Mousesavers this is the first night of 2007 MNSSHP)? I've never been at this time of the year and do not want to be misearable in a costume from the heat. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom