Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo Musical

suzie

Original Poster
Hi

I have one more reservation left to choose. I'm hesitating between Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review. We are 3 adults and 2 children 8 and 9.

I already made reservations for Chef Mickey, Rain Forest Café, Breakfastsorus and Spirit of Aloha.

What do you think I should choose?

:slurp:

Nemo14

We did the Hoop-Dee-Do in February and it was great fun with good food. If you like corny humor, you'll love the show.

DDuck1974

Fallen Angel said:
I'm having the same delimma....Hoop Dee Doo or Poly Luau?

My wife and I did the Luau when we went in May and had a great time. The food was excellent, and the show was really good, especially the native dances. We were really impressed and would definitely do it again.

I have not the Hoop Dee Doo since I was a kid, but I do remember it was a lot of fun. I think you would like both, but I would lean towards the Luau.

Chape19714

If you have kids, I'd say the BBQ, it's more of an casual party than a show, and features lots of Disney Charactors. However, there is not any AC, but nightime is cool, and you can explore Ft. Wilderness before/after the show. Hoop-dee-doo is definately tons of fun, but considering the ages, I'd go with the BBQ, if it's running, as it is seasonal.

BRER STITCH

No question...

HOOP-DEE-DEFINITLEY-DOO!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It's the best dinner show on property and always a GREAT time for the whole family! It's a nice break from the characters, which I am sure they will have plenty of by then!

It's a "MUST" for us every time!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Dagger

I am doing the Hoop Dee Doo for the first time when we go on our honeymoon...I can't wait! I plan to do the Luau next summer though.

Tim G

BRER STITCH said:
No question...

HOOP-DEE-DEFINITLEY-DOO!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It's the best dinner show on property and always a GREAT time for the whole family! It's a nice break from the characters, which I am sure they will have plenty of by then!

It's a "MUST" for us every time!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

I agree!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ciciwoowoo

I would say Hoop-Dee-Doo, no question.

My son is 9 and he had a fantastic time. He's been going since he was 2. It was a bit tricky then, but he's been great since the age of 5.

Never been to the barbeque, but my brother went and he said it was an expensive price for some hotdogs and the entertainment was only good for the little ones.

The Luau is nice, but it can't compare to the Hoop-Dee-Doo.

Kadee

I would choose HDD! It is very entertaining and the food is good..... Not great food, but pretty good. The dessert is the best.

For those of you considering the Luau, I'd skip it. I've done it and it was horrible. The food was by far, the worst I've had at WDW. I found the entertainment quite boring.... Just my opinion..:wave:

seabee1

We have never done the BBQ, but I can say that I have a 4 and a 7 year old, and the Hoop De Doo was one of their request of things we MUST do again. They loved it, we loved it. It is really great, and the food is good too. I have to agree the strawberry shortcake is to yummy to even think about. AAHH, I am dying to go back. December where are you!!:cry:

tikimimibird

Hoop-De-Doo

It is a fun show and good food. Younger kids really get into the audience participation swinging their napklins and playing the wash boards. It's one of our favorites!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom