Mickey's 75th

OZZY

Original Poster
Hi. I'm new here and first I'd like to, as corny as this sounds, say, "HELLO" to everybody. I was wondering if anyone has heard if there's anything planned for Mickey's 75th birthday next year?

OZZY

Original Poster
That's weird because his 60th b-day was in '88 so i figured his 75th would be next '03.

Pioneer Hall

You guys are right...but merchandise like pins for the 75th was released this week. Pins were released at WDW, DL, The Cruise Line, and Paris.

Here is one of the pins released at WDW..

Attachments

• mm pin.jpg
    mm pin.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 238

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
I've seen some of that merchandise on eBay. It's been out since around October.

Yeah...The only Thing I can think of is that they are celebrating the 75th year of Mickey. That starting as of Monday he will be going on his 75th year. If that is what they are doing, it might confuse some people.

Do you think that at the end of the 100th celebration the parks will get new banners and merchandise, shopping bags, plates, napkins, etc. ? I know that there won't be any major changes to the parades or the like but it seems like a logical extension to focus the parks on Mickey's 75th while waiting for the next big celebration to hit when WDW turns 35 in 2006.

BTW---awesome pin DisneyInsider!

BigNorm

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E Birthday Bash!!!

Walt said once,"...it was all started by a mouse." So doesn't it seem logical to transition from 100 Years right into a Birthday Bash for the Mouse? Something will all of the characters, yes I'm still preaching my Clarabelle Cow/Horace Horsecollar doctrine, that could end with Goofy blowing up the cake. Hey, I love the Goof, but he always, well, goofs.

Just a side note, anyone remember Mickey's Birthdayland? Has it been 15 years already?

jcmayid

I remember Mickey's Birthday Land. They even had a show celebrating his birthday. I heard somewhere, don't remember from whom now, but they said that after the 100 year celebration they were going to celebrate Mickey's 75th Birthday. I'll tell you what, for a 75 year old, he looks great.:animwink:

Dawn S

I'm sure that the opening of Mickey's Philharmagic next year will bring up a reference to the 75th b-day as well. Rumors have floated around about that replacing "Walt's 100 Years" as the next celebration. SOme people "in the know" say definitely. Some people JUST as "in the know" say no way. I'll be honest & say I haven't a clue, but it wouldn't surprise me! :)

wanabeimagineer

I really think they should do something, I mean if it weren't for the little guy there probably wouldn't be a Disney World. Or at least not one this good.
By the way BigNorm your avatar is awesome! Sammy Hagar rules!

Disneyholics

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
I've seen some of that merchandise on eBay. It's been out since around October.

I think they are doing the same thing they always do. Whenever Disney is celebrating something for a year, they always start October 1st the previous year. Just something that I always noticed...maybe, you think? Either way, Happy Birthday Mickey.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Disneyholics
I think they are doing the same thing they always do. Whenever Disney is celebrating something for a year, they always start October 1st the previous year. Just something that I always noticed...maybe, you think? Either way, Happy Birthday Mickey.

But there is no celebration. This isn't anything like 100 Years or Millenium. This is just an event that came and went.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom