Mickey Mouse Ray Bans

DisneyDad0056

Original Poster
Anyone going to the parks tomorrow and picking up some of the limited edition mickey ray bans? I really wanted a pair but the prices online are $350+.

Bacon

Anyone going to the parks tomorrow and picking up some of the limited edition mickey ray bans? I really wanted a pair but the prices online are $350+.
Umm why can’t you just buy them online? You know it will just be more expensive at the parks on the person

21stamps

Considering the equivalent glasses are $190 on Amazon?

The same Mickey ones? And I’m talking retail price.. Amazon could have a better deal.. depends on if someone wants a Sunglass Hut warranty.. that’s why I don’t buy my sunglasses from 3rd parties.

I could have probably found my son’s Ray Bans cheaper on certain sites, and my glasses as well.. not worth it to me.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Pangoo

Yeah I own a pair of Wayfarers that I also got from costco, but these still look amazing to me. If I get the chance to buy them at retail, I would.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm probably out of the loop here on fashion...But, those sunglasses look Terrible...They remind of the shoddy one's you could buy at a knockoff store like this
m_54a99ca794d56831be265014.jpg

Save the $250 glasses on something useful.....

Pangoo

I'm probably out of the loop here on fashion...But, those sunglasses look Terrible...They remind of the shoddy one's you could buy at a knockoff store like this

I am not a sunglass enthusiast by any means, but even the Costco brand sunglasses that are "wayfarer" style are not close in quality to the real Ray-Bans in fit/finish. I say that because in my opinion, Costco's Kirkland brand typically does an excellent job of delivering similar quality in comparable items. I could hardly imagine what those knockoff ones are like. I don't buy into everything Disney, but limited edition Ray Bans are never cheap. It is an opinion though lol, and everyone is entitled to their own =).

21stamps

You don’t want to know how much my sunglasses are then. You’d think I was an idiot.lol.
Some people like nice glasses, the quality and the look. I’ve always liked sunglasses, and some that look different than what everyone else is wearing.. until all of the knockoffs come out.
I’ve probably bought my kid 10 pair of cheap sunglasses in the past year, those pairs always break. His Ray Bans are the only pair that are still going strong in that amount of time.
There is a difference. For some people the difference is worth it, for others.. it’s not.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You don’t want to know how much my sunglasses are then. You’d think I was an idiot.lol.
Some people like nice glasses, the quality and the look. I’ve always liked sunglasses, and some that look different than what everyone else is wearing.. until all of the knockoffs come out.
I’ve probably bought my kid 10 pair of cheap sunglasses in the past year, those pairs always break. His Ray Bans are the only pair that are still going strong in that amount of time.
There is a difference. For some people the difference is worth it, for others.. it’s not.

I don't have a problem paying for quality shades. Ray Bans have optical quality lenses and sturdy frames. If I remember, my first pair had glass lenses, not polycarbonate - and they were heavy. They weren't cheap, but the lenses were on the same level as my prescription glasses. If I'm paying $300 for a pair of glasses, paying up to $150 for a pair of Ray Bans isn't an issue. However, I'm not going to pay $250 for a pair just because they have Mickeys on the ear pieces.

I've worn glasses since the 5th grade. I care more about quality than fashion, which is why my frames were more of the Wayfarer style. Except for that period in the 70s when I succumbed to those aviator frames....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom