Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway vs Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Should Disney Bring Back FastPasses? - MickeyBlog.com

Scurry into Standby at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT | Disney Parks  Blog

gerarar

Premium Member
Both rides are a lot of fun.

I was initially concerned about seeing the ceilings/edge of the projections, but it wasn't really noticeable in real life versus a video POV. One thing I didn't expect was the RVs on both rides to actually rumble. On MMRR it feels like you're going over actual train tracks. On Rat, scurrying around and the RVs tilt!

However, one ride was done right...the other not so much. Rat was an addition to a park, which boosted capacity. MMRR was a replacement when it should've been an addition to a park that really needs said capacity.

JIMINYCR

I’m voting for a rat over a mouse this time. Neither one I thought lived up to the hype. After doing both I thought… I stood in line for this??? But I will always have a lingering grudge over the loss of the GMR. Rat over Mouse.

SonnyEcipse

Mickey wins, just from the sheer fact that it's an WDW original. Ratatouille isn't. Railway is also an original story while Ratatouille is honestly just a first person perspective of the chase scene from the film itself.

WorldExplorer

Oh gosh. I took my family on Mickey and Minnie's and then told them if they wanted to know what Ratatouille was like, "picture that, but everything is badly done".

MM has animatronics, and actual sets (in more than one room).

MM has clever use of screens, like Goofy in the train or how they layer them with actual props. It's not just the big one in front of you.

MM has a story that makes sense. Rataouille's seems to be constructed around how they can get away with making as few new assets as possible and so doesn't slot in with the world of the movie at all.

MM has its own song, and regardless of personal opinions on the song I think there's merit to rides having content that is unique to them.

MM has a theme that works for the concept of a screen heavy ride (which is ironic since it has more non-screen content than Ratatouille). Mickey is 2D, Toontown is 2D, and we are in Toontown now. Remy and France are not two dimensional.

MM has the preshow, and the fun of the surprise the first time the wall breaks.

MM has reride value, since the rooms are actual rooms with stuff to look at all around you, so you can see new things on a reride.

And remember how each one has a point where they park the cars in front of a screen and have a substitute for an action sequence? MM has the good sense to make it so the last car goes to the port closest to the entrance (and covers the space the other cars cross with an extra scene), so you don't go past a bunch of parked cars. Its version also isn't immediately preceded by someone telling you to run for your life, then you slowly slot into place and wait for the other cars to setup.

There are a few things in MMRR I'm not too hot on (like, the animatronics' heads don't look very good) but I really like it overall and it's leagues above Ratatouille, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Sbk1234

The only thing I didn't like about MMRR was that it replaced one of my favorite attractions. But on its own merits only it was a very fun, truly Disney experience. Remy's was enjoyable, but it actually made me a little motion sick. As others have said, it seemed more obvious that we were watching screens than in MMRR. More actual sets like going through the pantry would have done wonders.
Of the two, I only rode MMRR twice. I'm confused as to why Remy's has such a long line compared to MMRR.

MM has its own song, and regardless of personal opinions on the song I think there's merit to rides having content that is unique to them.
THIS!!!!!!
There was a time when attractions had music that was often more memorable and even more enjoyable than the music from the movies.

kalel8145

I’m voting for a rat over a mouse this time. Neither one I thought lived up to the hype. After doing both I thought… I stood in line for this??? But I will always have a lingering grudge over the loss of the GMR. Rat over Mouse.
I agree on the MMRR. I was underwhelmed. Still enjoyed it, but miss the GMR as well. I'll be trying the Rat in June.

NelleBelle

Didn't vote since I have done Rat yet, but I adored MMRR! I thought it was cleverly done and if it's being counted as a dark ride, best one ever! I had the cheesiest smile on my face throughout the whole ride. I know my DH and kids will love it when they ride as they are big fans of the new animation style of Mickey. I wish it hadn't replaced GMR, even though we generally only rode GMR just as "something to do"--I only ever thought of it as "meh"...don't kill me all you wonderful GMR fans!!! I definitely think it should've stayed an just been updated a tad! Replacing rides in parks to me is a cardinal sin! Off topic rant coming: I wish they left UoE and built GoTG in addition!!

correcaminos

MMRR by a far margin. Remy is cute but a let down. MMRR has a well thought out story line and a lot of fun. Not having to wear 3D glasses is a good thing too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom