Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

I wasn’t expecting it to happen today anyways. If it wasn’t going to be part of the overall parks update yesterday it probably wasn’t gonna happen. So yep D23 we’re expecting big things from you!

Things were looking good when the other thing they announced was confirmed yesterday. Oh well. I wonder if these sites just announce things too soon or does Disney just really never know what they re doing until the last minute? It seems that it’s become common for them to pull announcements last second if some of our insiders are to be believed.

It would have been great to announce on Mickeys birthday but you have to imagine that the crowd in Florida wouldn’t have really cared and it would actually be disappointing to them. Knowing they lost GMR for a clone. Then again Disney announced GOTG:MB and Pixar Pier to the sound of boos and crickets so who knows if they even care about that.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Things were looking good when the other thing they announced was confirmed yesterday. Oh well. I wonder if these sites just announce things too soon or does Disney just really never know what they re doing until the last minute? It seems that it’s become common for them to pull announcements last second if some of our insiders are to be believed.

It would have been great to announce on Mickeys birthday but you have to imagine that the crowd in Florida wouldn’t have really cared and it would actually be disappointing to them. Knowing they lost GMR for a clone. Then again Disney announced GOTG:MB and Pixar Pier to the sound of boos and crickets so who knows if they even care about that.

I'm sure there are many reasons why a specific announcement isn't made.

The question is did the other site have actual confirmation that it would be announced this weekend? Or was it just an assumption on their part since MMRR was going to be talked about anyways? I guess we'll never really know.

But I think it would have had less of an impact in Orlando than it would at D23 in Anaheim, so I agree there.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
I hate to say I told you so, but the chances of DL's MMRR being announced at Destination D were slim to none. I have no idea why was so confident about it.

Our copy won't open until late 2021 at the very earliest. D23 2019 seems like a likely venue for the announcement, but it might not even happen then.

I wish you all could see the hysterics that go into planning (or lack of planning) for announcements. They change their minds about stuff constantly, whether to announce, wait, not announce, etc. You might imagine that the division is competently lead with strong master planning and vision, and that would be 100% incorrect.

VJ

I wish you all could see the hysterics that go into planning (or lack of planning) for announcements. They change their minds about stuff constantly, whether to announce, wait, not announce, etc. You might imagine that the division is competently lead with strong master planning and vision, and that would be 100% incorrect.
"Should we announce it?" "Eh, just put it on the Parks Blog. They won't care."

JD2000

So appearently, the original screenwriters wrote a complete script for a Roger Rabbit sequel, but Disney is not interested because it doesn't fit the current Disney brand.

And yet, Mickey and Minnie is rumored not to be replacing Roger Rabbit as Toontown’s new tent pole attraction.

Is it just so Disney won’t need to pour money into changing the land's aesthetics? Or are there actually enough fans of Roger Rabbit, who never felt the attraction was a misfit for the park, to warrent keeping it?

Nland316

So appearently, the original screenwriters wrote a complete script for a Roger Rabbit sequel, but Disney is not interested because it doesn't fit the current Disney brand.

And yet, Mickey and Minnie is rumored not to be replacing Roger Rabbit as Toontown’s new tent pole attraction.

Is it just so Disney won’t need to pour money into changing the land's aesthetics? Or are there actually enough fans of Roger Rabbit, who never felt the attraction was a misfit for the park, to warrent keeping it?
Capacity I would imagine is at the top of their priority list.

Professortango1

I mean, Cartoon Spin is the best Fantasyland-style Dark Ride that Disney has created in North America. Why would you get rid of something that is so well executed.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Sounds like it’s happening! I’m shocked (and happy) that Roger Rabbit is surviving this Mickey E ticket coming to the land. To me it shows that they re not taking the capacity issues at DLR lightly. At WDW they lost GMR but here we re only losing a store. I have been mostly disappointed with DLRs projects and changes the last few years but this is one bright spot. I’m curious to see if they make any changes to the land. At the very least I except some spit and polish.

Rich T

Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin is a very popular ride, and the movie continues to be a much-loved modern classic. It has never been a misfit for the park, especially compared to other, stranger additions. A Roger sequel probably won’t ever get greenlit, because 1) Spielberg gets a huge cut from any profits, 2) Would require spending millions on rights to WB characters 3) Bob Hoskins is the reason the movie worked so well, and no one really wants to see a sequel without him in it. That can’t be overstated—The movie isn’t about Roger, it’s about Eddie Valiant. The ride gets by without E.V. (or WB characters) because the taxi/weasels focus makes for a great 2 minute dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom