Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

It's (sort of) well known that Tony Baxter developed a Mary Poppins ride concept which helped get him into Imagineering in the late '60s early '70s.

I know he's out of Imagineering for all intents and purposes, but if they don't let him consult or have some kind of role in a Mary Poppins ride, that'd be a huge let down. What better way to send him off then letting him finally realize the attraction that helped get him into Imagineering?

I thought they decided on a carrousel for Poppins? That was the last rumor I remember reading.

SuddenStorm

I thought they decided on a carrousel for Poppins? That was the last rumor I remember reading.

I haven't been keeping track, but if that's the case- it's a huge missed opportunity.

Mary Poppins would translate extremely well to a dark ride. The blend of live action 3D sets + 2D animation found in the film would translate incredibly well to a ride that blends screens + physical sets + AA's.

The more I think about it, the better it sounds as a dark ride. The film has incredible environments, and characters. It's as classic Walt Disney as you can get, plus it has an incredible Sherman brothers soundtrack that's timeless.

In this age of IP everything + a Mary Poppins sequel + heavy investment in the parks, if the way they bring Poppins to the parks is a carousel, that'll be incredibly disappointing.

mickEblu

I haven't been keeping track, but if that's the case- it's a huge missed opportunity.

Mary Poppins would translate extremely well to a dark ride. The blend of live action 3D sets + 2D animation found in the film would translate incredibly well to a ride that blends screens + physical sets + AA's.

The more I think about it, the better it sounds as a dark ride. The film has incredible environments, and characters. It's as classic Walt Disney as you can get, plus it has an incredible Sherman brothers soundtrack that's timeless.

In this age of IP everything + a Mary Poppins sequel + heavy investment in the parks, if the way they bring Poppins to the parks is a carousel, that'll be incredibly disappointing.

Yeah if it’s only carrousel it would be a huge disappointment. I think the last time I checked the Poppins thread marni said it was most likely going to be a carrosuel. Definitely a big missed opportunity.

Last edited:

fradz

Will this be streamed anywhere? If so, anyone knows where? Or on TV.. Quoting the website :
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at Walt Disney World during the event you will be attending

mickEblu

Sorry no DLR Mickey ride announcement, looks like we have to wait until D23 in August. Unless there will be a Parks Blog post before then.

Well this is disappointing but I remember when I first skimmed through the Destination D schedule weeks ago I figured if there was to be announcement, they would announce MMRR for DLR at the Sunday presentation that’s actually about MMRR so we’ll see.

DisneyLostBoy03

Well this is disappointing but I remember when I first skimmed through the Destination D schedule weeks ago I figured if there was to be announcement, they would announce MMRR for DLR at the Sunday presentation that’s actually about MMRR so we’ll see.
Hoping it gets announced tomorrow. It would be a missed opportunity to not announce the attraction on Mickey's 90th birthday.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

There was actually talk about the MMRR attraction, it was just about DHS. Anyways I doubt at this point it’ll be tomorrow, probably a better bet now on it being part of D23 or a Parks Blog post.

mickEblu

There was actually talk about the MMRR attraction, it was just about DHS. Anyways I doubt at this point it’ll be tomorrow, probably a better bet now on it being part of D23 or a Parks Blog post.

I’d still go with tomorrow. The same site that announced the new Mickey Mix Magic show (which was confirmed today) announced that MMRR would be announced at Destination D. So based on that fact I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
@Disney Irish Bruh i just checked the other sites old article from weeks ago announcing MMRR coming to DLR and they specifically mention the 18th as the day it would be announced.

Ok, we’ll have to see if they actual do. It’ll be cool if they do announce it, that way at least the rumor will be finally confirmed. If not I won’t be completely disappointed cause we always have D23.

mickEblu

Ok, we’ll have to see if they actual do. It’ll be cool if they do announce it, that way at least the rumor will be finally confirmed. If not I won’t be completely disappointed cause we always have D23.

I just find it interesting that that little detail escaped all of us. And at the same time it makes me more confident of an official announcement tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom