Mickey and Friends tram public access?

Kramerica

Original Poster
Hey friends! I'm taking a last minute trip with family here soon. Turns out, the only room we could find that suited our needs sits right next to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. The hotel is the Holiday Inn to be specific. I've tried to look in google earth but can't tell. Is there access to the Mickey and Friends tram from street foot traffic? Could I ride the tram into Downtown Disney? or am I stuck walking the long way round?

Thanks in advance!

socalifornian

Edit: Revised path. You could walk to the trams by heading south on Walnut, walk down Magic Way until you’re about to reach Disneyland Dr., and on your left will be a small path you can take to security/tram. There’s a ton of construction in the area
16B814F6-3161-466F-8C99-75B9887C5C72.jpeg

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hey friends! I'm taking a last minute trip with family here soon. Turns out, the only room we could find that suited our needs sits right next to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. The hotel is the Holiday Inn to be specific. I've tried to look in google earth but can't tell. Is there access to the Mickey and Friends tram from street foot traffic? Could I ride the tram into Downtown Disney? or am I stuck walking the long way round?

Thanks in advance!
There is nothing to prevent you from getting on the tram, it’s accessible to public foot traffic. So walk there and board, and enjoy the ride.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
You could walk to the trams by heading to the southeast corner of Ball/Disneyland Dr., take the sidewalk to Magic Way, cross Disneyland Dr., and pass through a small corridor where the last hand is pointing. Follow it and you’ll go through security before boarding a tram
View attachment 357409

If they're staying at the Holiday Inn, which is closer to Walnut, it's shorter to walk down Walnut to Magic Way then over to the corner of Magic Way and Disneyland Dr than to go the path you suggest. Would shave about 30% off their walk.

Ismael Flores

i did this once when i stayed at the Springhill marriot suites.

walked east on Ball turned into the dead end street and walked thru the parking lot. Then where i marked the red circle i went up the stairs to the second floor and then walked thru the garage and down the escalator.

someone had said that they were going to lock those stairs but i don't see how they can do that since it is basically an escape route.

The route that socalifornian gave you is probably the best bet.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
i did this once when i stayed at the Springhill marriot suites.

walked east on Ball turned into the dead end street and walked thru the parking lot. Then where i marked the red circle i went up the stairs to the second floor and then walked thru the garage and down the escalator.

someone had said that they were going to lock those stairs but i don't see how they can do that since it is basically an escape route.
View attachment 357921
The route that socalifornian gave you is probably the best bet.

Can't do that anymore. They put a pedestrian gate there now at the end of the court where the vehicle entrance to the parking lot is. According to Google Street View, it happened sometime between 2014 and 2018. I remember someone on another forum talking about this about a year ago. Not sure when you had last done it.

Ismael Flores

Can't do that anymore. They put a pedestrian gate there now at the end of the court where the vehicle entrance to the parking lot is. According to Google Street View, it happened sometime between 2014 and 2018. I remember someone on another forum talking about this about a year ago. Not sure when you had last done it.

i htought i remember someone mentioning that but wasn't sure. lats time i did that was before 2010

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom