Mickey’s Halloween party - worth it?

Vinsud

Hello all,

I’m going to WDW near the end of this month, with 2 boys ages 7 and 9. The trip will be for exactly one week.
I’m not sure if it’s worth spending the extra on the Halloween party? I mean we could just spend more time at another park and save the MK day for when there is no Halloween party.

Any honest opinions for those who have been? How good is it for the kids?

Thanks,
Vinay

Zé_Carioca

From what I hear, non-party days are crazy at MK since everyone tries to go then and in October they are few and far between. On the other hand, most October parties are at near capacity so crowds would also be an issue.

With crowds aside it would depend on your family. Do the boys like Halloween? Some kids come home with huge amounts of candy and going trick or treating at Disney is exciting for them. The event overall is great for kids, they have extra characters and entertainment and even some special event layouts to attractions.

I personally love the party entertainment, Boo to Your is one of my favorite parades but I also really enjoy Halloween, others who don't, do not care for it.

If your kids wouldn't care for the entertainment and only care for rides, it is harder to justify the extra tickets but some say that it is worth it to get lower waits at attractions. I don't focus on rides when I go to the special events so I'll let someone else speak for that.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Weve been multiple times and each time weve found it well worth the cost. Everything about it is unique and full of fun from the parade, fireworks, M&G's, and the rest of the events. Ive gone in costume each time which added to the experience, so I encourage you to dress up as well. If your kids enjoy Halloween then they will have a blast. Like other Disney things, after experiencing Halloween here youll always compare and never enjoy your ordinary Halloween at home as much.

Upvote 0

kes601

Hello all,

I’m going to WDW near the end of this month, with 2 boys ages 7 and 9. The trip will be for exactly one week.
I’m not sure if it’s worth spending the extra on the Halloween party? I mean we could just spend more time at another park and save the MK day for when there is no Halloween party.

Any honest opinions for those who have been? How good is it for the kids?

Thanks,
Vinay
We went to two sold out parties -- Sept 27 and 29. The day time at MK those days was awesome, we got so much done it was almost unbelievable. The parties were not worth it whatsoever. Much heavier crowds than were in the parks during the day. Character photos were all 1-2 hour waits. If it were me I would take advantage of the park during the day and find something less crowded to do at night. We decided this was our last year doing the parties.

Upvote 0

goofy5380

Nope, Halloween party NOT worth it.....seems like there is just as many people at these events as there are during normal hours....
why pay all the extra money just for candy........the crowds are just out of control.....
done it twice...this September and 2 years ago October...NOT worth the money

Upvote 0

Timmay

We went to two sold out parties -- Sept 27 and 29. The day time at MK those days was awesome, we got so much done it was almost unbelievable. The parties were not worth it whatsoever. Much heavier crowds than were in the parks during the day. Character photos were all 1-2 hour waits. If it were me I would take advantage of the park during the day and find something less crowded to do at night. We decided this was our last year doing the parties.
Exactly. It was the same on the 22nd. Fine during the day...a madhouse at night.

Upvote 0

Jon81uk

Nope, Halloween party NOT worth it.....seems like there is just as many people at these events as there are during normal hours....
why pay all the extra money just for candy........the crowds are just out of control.....

For me I felt like I paid the money to see characters you can't see during a normal day. I go expecting low crowds or less wait on a ride, I went to see a unique parade, get a photo with all seven dwarves, meet Cruella DeVil etc.

I do think some of the crowd levels are too high (we waited about 90 minutes for the Seven Dwarves) but I don't think of the part being about low ride wait times, its about seeing unique entertainment and character meets. The candy is a nice bonus.

Upvote 0
I think MNSSHP is totally worth it! I went for the first time last year with my fiance and we had a blast. We met the characters we wanted to and saw the parade and all the special shows. I know it can be pricey but like you said its a once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy it with your kids. I can't wait to take my two kids in 2 years.

Upvote 0

kes601

I think MNSSHP is totally worth it! I went for the first time last year with my fiance and we had a blast. We met the characters we wanted to and saw the parade and all the special shows. I know it can be pricey but like you said its a once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy it with your kids. I can't wait to take my two kids in 2 years.
Did you go this year? The crowds this year are far worse than last year (at least the 2 we went to this year).

Upvote 0

DISR

Depends on what you want to get out of it. IMO, the parade is the best one Disney has. Halloween doesn't seem the same on the years I don't go. The first year we went, we were so blown away that we bought tickets for another event later in the week. That said, MNSSHP has gotten much more crowded. Don't expect to do tons of rides or meet and greets on most nights...those lines are long. You will also need to get a spot for prime parade viewing very early. If your kids can handle a really late night, you will get more bang for your buck though. Last time around, my kids were toast after the first parade, so the bang for the buck was pretty questionable.

Upvote 0

KikoKea

You might consider spending more time riding the attractions offering Halloween updates and ignore the ones that don't, since you can ride them another day. Get in place early before the parade to see the Headless Horseman (and don't forget to cheer for the streetsweeper following him), and see Hocus Pocus- try to get closer, rather than farther back for HP. The actors do a great job interacting with each other, which is hard to see from a distance. I think your kids will enjoy it. Have fun!

Upvote 0

thomas998

Which days of the week did you go? We've found that some days of the week tend to be less crowded... Fridays tended to be the worst days Sundays and Mondays have been the least crowded... at least based on our experiences and we normally go to 2 when during each as we got rained out the one first time we went and decided from then on to always do two with the assumption that we wouldn't likely get rained out on both days.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

We went last month September 8th. By the end of the party everything was walk on. To us it was cool to trick or treat, try a few snacks, see the Halloween overlays for the attractions... Pirates was my personal favorite, and didnt have to get a fastpass. Parades pretty cool too! Rode everything we wanted to ride, and still got a ton of candy! To me i got my moneys worth. Not sure ill do it again, but it was pretty cool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom