MGM dining

ekorey

Looking for a place to eat prior to Fantasmic show. Any recommendations? I have the dining pkg and from what I understand the dining/fantasmic deal isn't included.

Computer Magic

ekorey said:
Looking for a place to eat prior to Fantasmic show. Any recommendations? I have the dining pkg and from what I understand the dining/fantasmic deal isn't included.
Correct fantasmic deal is not included in the Dining Plan. People differ with where to eat. For table, most seem to enjoy Prime Time, Brown Derby or Sci Fi. I like Brown Derby the best but it will cost you two table selections per person.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Dining in MGM doesn't excite me too much. We have tried to get into Prime Tme a number of times, but never have planned far enough in advance and I am hesitant from some reviews that the food isn't that good. One day we will get there I'm sure. We have eaten at Hollywood & Vine. We had a good buffet meal and the food was fresh eventhough we were eating close to closing.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

The seating for the Fantasmic package is horrible,on the far right side.
We usually buy some fruit at Anaheim Produce across from the entrance to Fantasmic before going in,
http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_aprod.htm
then get the chicken wrap at the Hollywood Hills Theater counter service,
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_fan.htm
and eat while waiting for the show in the center section of seats. The chicken wrap is huge and cut into two pieces (enough for two people to eat).

If you want some Fun dining try 50's Prime Time or Sci-fi drive-in.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I've been to the Brown Derby, Prime Time, Mama Melrose and Sci-Fi. Brown Derby and Prime Time are my favorites. I wasn't happy with the food we had at Mama Melrose and Sci-Fi while it is good and a unique experience, I like the other two better. I haven't been to H&V.

The fantasmic dinner package I usually do each time I go because I hate waiting in line and if you have any kids, you know that waiting in line for 1-2 hrs. could be a nightmare. With the dinner package you don't need to be there until 1/2 hr before and you enter by the gas station. Yes, the seats are all on one side but the view is still perfectly fine.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Two words for you: MAMMA MELROSE!!!!! I love this restaurant...it's ITALIAN yummy goodness!!!!

I am with you on this. Mama Melrose has risen to the top of our dining list. We almost alwasy do a fantasmic package at Mama Melrose. You should enjoy.:slurp:

Upvote 0

brich

Vernonpush said:
The seating for the Fantasmic package is horrible,on the far right side.
Not sure I would go that far.... :eek:
We totally enjoyed our seats. The dinner package worked perfect for us and our seats allowed us a great view of the show. Could see everything. Would do the Hollywood and Vine/Fantasmic package again in a second... :D

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I'll preface by agreeing that dining at MGM leaves LOTS to be desired!

With that said, I can honestly say that Mama Melrose's gets my vote for most improved sit down meal in the park.

I was never a fan in the past due to bad experiences there, but the last two times (First, on the Behind the Scenes Tour and then again last week for the Fantasmic Package) the food and the service have been excellent!

Mama Melrose has won me back!

:slurp:

Upvote 0

tj229er

I love eating at the Sci-Fi Drive In myself. You sit in a convertable parked at a drive in movie theater and watch old sci-fi movie trailers. The food is good there too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom