Metrowest, what is the true story??

typhoonguy

This is my first time buying, as well as the guy purchasing with me. I agree that it is high, but our original plan was to resell near the end of the two years...the incentives makes it affordable obviously during that time, but I was banking on the location and good overall quality to increase it's value some, at worst case hold it's value. We would rent the 3rd room to our current roomate, droping our montly payments in half for the two of us to cover.

The additional incentives you get as a resident help a lot too, no closing costs and the 1k/mo...hmm. I have a little over a week till my 15 days are up. Anymore info, as well as your thoughts would be welcomed.

I understood the purpose of the incentives, as it is very obvious. Hmm, lots to think about now.

I would just be careful, because if they don't sell too many, there's a good chance that the selling price could drop significantly. Also, if they do revert to leasing lots of the rooms that are unsold, that can also hurt the resale value. Just food for thought. But seriously, if you get a chance, check out the cast portal. LOTS of good stuff. And if you're a cast member, you know you're almost guarunteed financing at Vista FCU for your mortgage.

Someone made a comment about the apts on Kirkman Rd. They are not all that bad, but I am moving out of the gated community that I live in on Kirkman. Well, there was a story in the news this morning that changes the mind; this from Local 6:

Men In Black Sought After 1-Hour Orlando Crime Frenzy

Police in Orlando, Fla., are searching for a group of men who apparently went on a one-hour crime spree, robbing and shooting people at three different apartment complexes in the MetroWest area, according to a Local 6 News report.

Investigators said the first attack happened at the Willow Key apartments late Wednesday where a woman was held at gunpoint and robbed as she got out of her car at the complex.

About 30 minutes later at the Copper Terrace, the same men are believed to have targeted another man. The man tried to run from the group and was shot, police said.

"As our victim tried to run, he was shot in the back," Orlando police Lt. Darryl Braunskill said. "And as our victim fell to the ground, according to the victim, they came up and removed a wallet from his person and then they took off running."

Police said 40 minutes later a man was robbed and pistol-whipped by the men at the Sabal Palms apartment complex.

"None of these injures in these cases were life threatening, but they certainly show these men will use violence in an attempt to score quick cash," Local 6's Jessica Sanchez said.

Orlando police said they will increase patrols in the MetroWest area over the weekend.

The victim who was shot was transported to a hospital in stable condition.

The men remain on the loose Thursday. All of the victims described their attackers as men wearing black, Local 6 News reported.

Anyone with information concerning this crime is urged to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

OK, who's going to be the first to make a crack about the headline? :lol:

iKat

I used to live on Kirkman. It had its ups and downs, and though I wouldn't live there again, it's not all that bad.
I was working at a production company on Universal property, and working at Universal as a ride attendant, so it was a really great location for that (like 1/2 mile away).

My biggest problem with it was the Wal-Mart. Worst Wal-Mart I've ever been to - that sounds kinda picky, but if you go to that Wal-Mart, you'd get it.

I lived in Hidden Lake - great apartment complex, good landlord, and good neighbors.

I never was worried about my safety living in that area though.

MikolMouse

If you single sure no problem. You have a family so I wouldn't stay there for free.

Go visit, go shoping at walmart, go to the grocery store, 7-11 etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom