Memory Maker

Manda75

Original Poster
Hi i am thinking of purchasing the memory maker but would like to know a bit more about it before i pay £90 ( i think)
how does it work?
do we have to go do something after each ride?
are all rides involved in this?
will it be a headache?
wont it get a bit tiring asking cast members to take your photo?
all info on this will be great
thanks in advance a very excited lady with 16 days to go :)

NormC

It is similar to Photo Pass +
You can link it to your MB. You will need to have them scan your band or give the photographer the card every time they take a picture and at the photo counter after every ride.

Betsyboo

Hi i am thinking of purchasing the memory maker but would like to know a bit more about it before i pay £90 ( i think)
how does it work?
do we have to go do something after each ride?
are all rides involved in this?
will it be a headache?
wont it get a bit tiring asking cast members to take your photo?
all info on this will be great
thanks in advance a very excited lady with 16 days to go :)
There are specific CMs that are photographers. Look for the tan vest. They are stationed in different areas of the parks and sometimes you'll find them here and there. As @NormC said, they'll just scan your MM card each time they take your photo.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Rob562

Some rides have also implemented automatic linking of on-ride photos using the long-range capabilities of the Magic Bands. When the system reads your Band on a particular ride car, it automatically links the on-ride pic for that car with the Band(s) it read.

-Rob

LostPrincessKarleigh

Some rides have also implemented automatic linking of on-ride photos using the long-range capabilities of the Magic Bands. When the system reads your Band on a particular ride car, it automatically links the on-ride pic for that car with the Band(s) it read.

-Rob

I hadn't heard of this new feature. Pretty cool. :)

sissa216

We didn't find it tiring- we enjoy trying to get pictures at as many locations as possible, getting magic shots, etc. They're at the characters as well- so if you enjoy meeting characters, you'll really get your money's worth. There are quite a few photographers at all the main icons (like Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom), that we rarely had to wait for more than one party to finish taking their pictures.

We had a very large group in December, but ended up with over 800 pictures. In the past, when it was just 2 of us, we would still have well over 200 before edits.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

-Rob

This was something I was inventing in my mind on our last trip in September "Why couldn't they just..." We got the PhotoPass+ for the first time and having to wait in line after the ride to get our ride photo seemed so opposite of what they were trying to accomplish with the whole MDE \ FP+ initiaitve.
It this becomes an regular thing on every ride this will be something they can put in the plus column of the whole MDE fiasco ;)

Rob562

This was something I was inventing in my mind on our last trip in September "Why couldn't they just..." We got the PhotoPass+ for the first time and having to wait in line after the ride to get our ride photo seemed so opposite of what they were trying to accomplish with the whole MDE \ FP+ initiaitve.
It this becomes an regular thing on every ride this will be something they can put in the plus column of the whole MDE fiasco ;)

I recall reading a post from someone here on WDWMagic who got on-ride photos from Space Mountain in their account twice because they scanned their Band as they got off the ride, but the system also assigned the ride pic to them by reading the long-range Band ID.

-Rob

sissa216

I recall reading a post from someone here on WDWMagic who got on-ride photos from Space Mountain in their account twice because they scanned their Band as they got off the ride, but the system also assigned the ride pic to them by reading the long-range Band ID.

-Rob

How long has this been happening, and do you know which attractions? That would be so convenient and a huge benefit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom