Memory Maker One Day without Magic Bands

zarpman

Original Poster
Planning a short 1-day getaway from the beach to play in the Magic Kingdom. Since we will be staying off-site, we will not have Magic Bands but the trusty RFID cards instead. How does Memory Maker One Day work with this setup? Do the photographers scan the RFID cards or do you still get a PhotoPass card to scan? Also, since we won't have the longer-range RFID tech present in the Magic Bands, do stuff like on-ride photos show up automagically, or will we need to scan a card at the review screens at the attraction exit?

I'm very familiar with the pre-MDE/legacy PhotoPass procedures, but am clueless when it comes to the way everything is handled currently. :p

bethymouse

I believe you get a Memory Maker card that you use. I think you have to scan the rides, but you can always ask a cast member.;)

Rob562

They can either scan your RFID park ticket, or you can get a PhotoPass card from the photographer that you can scan at all future photographers and on-ride photos. Then just link the PhotoPass card to your MDE account.

And @bethymouse is right, if you don't have a MagicBand you have to manually scan the reader under the on-ride photo preview screens, either with your park ticket or with the PhotoPass card. (And even if I'm wearing a Band, if there's a on-ride photo that I particularly like, I'll tap my Band on the reader afterward anyway, just in case the auto-link didn't work)

Oh, and if you still have a MagicBand from a past trip, it's still good. You can use it to access your park ticket and use it for PhotoPass photos.

-Rob

Last edited:

JaxFLBear

FYI: if you don't have a MagicBand, you won't get the photo & video for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. This is currently the only attraction (that I'm aware of) that does not have a photo viewing location after the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom