memory maker is it worth it?

kniquy

Original Poster
I am trying to research if the memory maker is worth the $150. So I do have a few questions for those of you who have used it. I do love taking pictures but rarely am i in pics cause im always the one taking them so i see how this could be a nice feature.
1. Does the cost link all members of your party with the memory maker? So, if i don't go on a ride with my kids their bands could access the MM and it will take their picture?
2. How to find how many and what spots in the park to take pictures at? are there a lot of spots or only a few at each park?
3. Do you get pictures from every ride in each park or are there only certain ones that take pictures?
4. I read somewhere that it take video -- again is that at certain attractions?
5. If you have used it -- do you feel that it was a bother waiting to have a CM take your picture, are there usually lines for those select spots for memory maker photos?

Gig 'Em Mickey

Yes, all members of your party are linked on one memory maker. We are going with a group of 10 in December. We bought it because sometimes we won't all be together and we figured we'll get a ton of pictures out of it, even if they aren't great.

There are photographers all over the place. Especially on the "main streets"

Not sure what rides have the pics, shouldn't be hard to find though. Pretty sure it's not all of them though.

Don't know about video

I don't mind waiting a couple minutes. Wouldn't wait much longer than that. Typically with the amount of photographers they have stationed around you can find one that doesn't have a long wait.

FrostyNaples

Worth Every Penny, especially with linked groups.

Every ride that takes a photo, and now some with video as well (seven dwarfs mine train) - every character meet & greet - Every CM you see holding a camera, tripod or not.

There are numerous and abundant ways to take every advantage of Memory Maker. @ $150 for advance purchase, well worth it.

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

I am trying to research if the memory maker is worth the $150. So I do have a few questions for those of you who have used it. I do love taking pictures but rarely am i in pics cause im always the one taking them so i see how this could be a nice feature.
1. Does the cost link all members of your party with the memory maker? So, if i don't go on a ride with my kids their bands could access the MM and it will take their picture?
2. How to find how many and what spots in the park to take pictures at? are there a lot of spots or only a few at each park?
3. Do you get pictures from every ride in each park or are there only certain ones that take pictures?
4. I read somewhere that it take video -- again is that at certain attractions?
5. If you have used it -- do you feel that it was a bother waiting to have a CM take your picture, are there usually lines for those select spots for memory maker photos?
Thank you for asking this question we are due to go back next November and I have be debating whether to get MM or not :) think we will though as there's 8 members in our group so should be worth while

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We went with 7 people the last trip and we each paid our share. Well worth the money and some of the pictures taken where really fun. Kind of got into a contest who could get the most photos taken each day of the trip. One photo guy had us stand in front of the Castle and made everyone hold there arms in a special way. At the end we as a group spelled M I C K E Y. Really cute photo. I will try to post it tonight.

maelstrom98

We were there two weeks ago with a group of 8 and it was absolutely worth it for us. We split the cost among our group. When we were there Tower of Terror and 7D were the only rides that did the video, but the videos are pretty cool!

I_heart_Tigger

I have the Memory Maker and am at WDW now but can't seem to access any photos. Would that be because my sister is the one that purchased it and signed up for the site? We all chipped in on the cost and I want to be sure that I can download my photos as she was at conference most of the time and is not in 75% of the pictures. I also don't trust her to share or allow the rest of us to access her account. She is very controlling - case in point, her daily notes to us include things we are not allowed to do or places we are not allowed to eat because she doesn't want to feel like she is missing out on anything.

lilclerk

I have the Memory Maker and am at WDW now but can't seem to access any photos. Would that be because my sister is the one that purchased it and signed up for the site? We all chipped in on the cost and I want to be sure that I can download my photos as she was at conference most of the time and is not in 75% of the pictures. I also don't trust her to share or allow the rest of us to access her account. She is very controlling - case in point, her daily notes to us include things we are not allowed to do or places we are not allowed to eat because she doesn't want to feel like she is missing out on anything.
Yeesh! Only the account with MM attached can edit and download the pics. She won't download them and email them to you or burn a CD?

I_heart_Tigger

Yeesh! Only the account with MM attached can edit and download the pics. She won't download them and email them to you or burn a CD?
It all depends on her mood. She walked off last night at mvmcp without a word to her best friend and myself because I had 1 thing I wanted to do - meet Jack Skellington which was not something she was interested in. I tried to explain this is my only possible chance for a photo and it would take 5 minutes tops. I will try to catch her in a good mood.

So if she emails them to me is that just a link to view the photos or can I download them? For me to catually havethe phptos on my computer does she have to download them and put them on a disc/flash drive for me?

Frankie The Beer

We got back to our Memory Maker pics and videos and it is worth it. The videos from ToT are worth the price by itself and in a way keeps that Disney magic going after the trip is over. I cannot recommend Memory Maker highly enough and while its pricey, its so very worth it.

R W B

Ill put it like this. My fiancé and I passed on memory maker on our trip late last year, after getting home and signing up to see what photos we had taken via MM+ we decided to buy some. We bought 9 total, 4x6s and 5x7s. Cost us $119. For $30 more we could of had all of them.

Also, on a more recent trip about 6 months back, we went with my fiancé's sisters family and she bought it pre trip. My fiancé and I were not linked to it though (we knew this ahead of time) but all we had to do was take the 6/7 digit number down that's on each ride picture that we wanted and it was able to be added to her memory maker package.

Last edited:

lilclerk

So if she emails them to me is that just a link to view the photos or can I download them? For me to catually havethe phptos on my computer does she have to download them and put them on a disc/flash drive for me?
She'll have to either download them and send you the pictures in an email or a disk (a disk or flash drive will be easier since a single email probably won't be able to handle all of the pics.) Or she could give you her username and password to MDE and let you log in yourself.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I purchased Minnie Mouse USB flash drives on line (eBay) for each family that was on our trip, downloaded all the photos on to the flash drives and sent them to each family. They loved the little extra. They will bring the drives back and we will do the same on the next trip.

NicTom1211

The Memory Maker replaces the Photo Pass Plus right?

We are taking our son for his first trip in Nov so we are trying to get everything in order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom