Memory Maker Friends & Fam Question

Dpint43

Original Poster
Hey guys, I just purchased Memory Maker today but had a few questions for our trip. I currently manage 5 accounts for my family - I have bought and linked up Magic Bands for them already. I've never purchased Memory Maker before so my question is this: Can the 5 of us use any of our magic bands to link the Photo Pass pictures to our Memory Maker or can we only use the pictures taken on my magic band since I was the account owner who purchased it?

Sorry if that seems like a super simple question - I just wanted to know if we split up during the day can we all be compiling photos for Memory Maker and will everyone's pictures show up on the same account?

Thanks!

Rob562

Short answer (because I'm replying viamy phone): yes, you'll be able to download all photos scanned to people you're linked to via friends and family.

-Rob

dreamfinder

If everyone is connected to you (Memory Maker owner) as Friends and Family, and those connections are set to share photos, then the original pictures will show up accordingly. So for you to see everyone's pictures they need to be set to share with you. But if they aren't friends/family with each other and set to share, they won't see those pictures, even though you might. Edits however don't get shared. So if the accounts are spouse/kids, then it's not a problem, but if they are other adults who might want their own edits, you would need to do the editing for them, or have them over for coffee and let them use your account for a few hours.

Dpint43

Original Poster
If everyone is connected to you (Memory Maker owner) as Friends and Family, and those connections are set to share photos, then the original pictures will show up accordingly. So for you to see everyone's pictures they need to be set to share with you. But if they aren't friends/family with each other and set to share, they won't see those pictures, even though you might. Edits however don't get shared. So if the accounts are spouse/kids, then it's not a problem, but if they are other adults who might want their own edits, you would need to do the editing for them, or have them over for coffee and let them use your account for a few hours.

Thanks for the response. I created and currently manage all of their accounts - I went into settings on MDE, but could not find a setting to allow for photo pass. Maybe I don't have to activate anything if their accounts were created by me?

Also - we bought the Memory Maker now but our trip isn't until November - do I have to do anything to activate Memory Maker or will it just activate once were in Disney and using Photopass stations? Thanks!

dreamfinder

If the accounts were created/managed by you I think you are all set.

Memory Maker you don't activate until you are ready to claim the pictures. When you click the activate you will have 30 days to download any pictures in your account that are active at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom