Memory Maker Confusion

BettieM16

Original Poster
We are planning our DisneyMoon for October of 2016 and I am trying to figure out all the new stuff ...I haven't been since 2008....can someone help me understand Memory Maker? Do you get ALL photos you take at WDW? (Rides, characters, special spots) Where do you print them? Can I print them at any photo place (pharmacy or online business) or from home or at the park...I'm confused but everyone says it's great so I wanna use it!! Thank you!!

JourneysEnd

We are planning our DisneyMoon for October of 2016 and I am trying to figure out all the new stuff ...I haven't been since 2008....can someone help me understand Memory Maker? Do you get ALL photos you take at WDW? (Rides, characters, special spots) Where do you print them? Can I print them at any photo place (pharmacy or online business) or from home or at the park...I'm confused but everyone says it's great so I wanna use it!! Thank you!!
Yes, yes, and yes. ;) You get all the pictures taken at the parks for one price and you can download to your computer and print anyway you want. Any place you see a Photopass Photographer, you can have your picture taken and that will show up on your account. Friends last June had over 400 pictures on their account at the end.

BettieM16

Original Poster
Yes, yes, and yes. ;) You get all the pictures taken at the parks for one price and you can download to your computer and print anyway you want. Any place you see a Photopass Photographer, you can have your picture taken and that will show up on your account. Friends last June had over 400 pictures on their account at the end.
Thank you SO much!!!

Rob562

The sticking point of the confusion over Memory Maker is thanks to the terminology that Disney likes to use, and that sometimes it sounds like Memory maker has replaced PhotoPass. It hasn't.

PhotoPass still exists as it always has (though I think it's now branded as "PhotoPass+") and it now includes on-ride photos. If you don't have a MagicBand, you can tap your park ticket (which is linked to your profile in MDE) and the photos will be linked to you. Anyone who visits the park can still buy photos individually, either in-park or online after your trip. There is no requirement to have a MagicBand, be staying at a Disney hotel or buy Memory Maker in order to buy photos individually. Photos will auto-expire 45 days after they're taken.

Memory Maker is strictly a photo purchasing package that you can buy that allows you to download and save any and all photos linked to your MDE profile (as well as photos that are linked to the profiles of your Friends and Family). Though Memory Maker is linked to only one person, they can download any and all photos they can "see" in MDE.

Memory Maker gives you 30 days of unlimited photo downloads. The clock starts ticking when you download your first photo. (I've heard there's another instance that'll start the clock, but I can't recall... Perhaps sharing through social media?) If you want prints you'll have to print them yourself or bring the files to a store to print.

-Rob

Last edited:

BettieM16

Original Poster
So you can save them to your computer to print later you just need to be sure by that 29th day you have downloaded/saved all pictures from your MDE account?

Sorry I feel like I'm overthinking it this is the first vacation I'm planning so I'm trying to be sure I fully understand everything!! Haha

JourneysEnd

So you can save them to your computer to print later you just need to be sure by that 29th day you have downloaded/saved all pictures from your MDE account?

Sorry I feel like I'm overthinking it this is the first vacation I'm planning so I'm trying to be sure I fully understand everything!! Haha
Once you've downloaded to your computer they are yours forever or at least until your computer crashes. :)
I like to dot all my I's and cross all my T's too.(If you're young, that means to double check everything)

dreamfinder

Yes, you need to save them to your computer or some other storage to access them later. The pictures themselves will remain in your account for 45 days from when they are taken. Memory Maker allows you to download pictures for 30 consecutive days. So you can wait until you get home from your vacation before you start the downloads. Each picture should tell you how much time is left before it expires. As part of the downloads you will also get a release you can provide to whomever is printing your pictures in case they require one.

BettieM16

Original Poster
Y'all are wonderful!!! Thanks so much I feel like I have a good understanding of everything now!!! (And the release part was my next question ☺️) !!!!

Victor Kelly

My wife and I bought this package in January for our trip. To us, it was worth every penny. Beware, sometimes, the upload lags due to demand. Be sure to always check your account to make sure the photos are there at the end of the day. A simple call to Memory Maker help line will resolve issues if they are not there by the end of your trip.

Every Disney photographer you see, do a picture. Regardless if you have already gotten one from that area, get another one. Disney princess photopass, rides, stand alone photopass, dinner photos, breakfast photos, characters........it is all included.

Tom P.

Something that happened on our recent trip that I don't recall happening on our trip last year was that they also did some Photoshopped images that showed up in our Memory Maker. For example, we had a picture taken on Main Street USA. After she had taken the regular photos, the PhotoPass photographer asked my daughter to hold her hands a certain way and she took another picture. When you pull up that picture in Memory Maker, Tinker Bell is standing on her hands! I thought it was a nice touch.

dreamfinder

Something that happened on our recent trip that I don't recall happening on our trip last year was that they also did some Photoshopped images that showed up in our Memory Maker. For example, we had a picture taken on Main Street USA. After she had taken the regular photos, the PhotoPass photographer asked my daughter to hold her hands a certain way and she took another picture. When you pull up that picture in Memory Maker, Tinker Bell is standing on her hands! I thought it was a nice touch.

It sounds like you are describing a "Magic Shot". They have been doing them for years, but not all photographers are trained on how to do them. There are bunch of different characters/addons they can insert depending on the location. Baby Simba, Chip, Olaf, etc.

thomas998

IF you mess up and fail to download them within the window you can have them revived from the dead for a fee of I think 20 or 25 dollars that will give you an additional 30 or 45 days to get them in... can't remember the specifics only that we had to do it once because I thought my wife downloaded them she thought I downloaded them and neither of us actually did... So my only suggestion if you do it is to download them as soon as you get home. Don't bother editing them online or anything of that stuff, you can edit them online and download them edited again within the initial period but if you download them all at the start you won't have the risk of missing the window and having to pay extra to have them returned from the grave.

Jon81uk

You can preview your Photopass pictures in the MDE app without starting the 30 day timer, correct?
Anyone can anyone can view their photopass photos, that doesn't need Memory Maker. The photos are watermarked though.

The timer for Memory maker starts from first download and I'm not sure if you can download from the app.

Nj4mwc

So as long as my wife and kids are linked to my account any pictures they get will show up and i cam download fpr free with memory maker

The sticking point of the confusion over Memory Maker is thanks to the terminology that Disney likes to use, and that sometimes it sounds like Memory maker has replaced PhotoPass. It hasn't.

PhotoPass still exists as it always has (though I think it's now branded as "PhotoPass+") and it now includes on-ride photos. If you don't have a MagicBand, you can tap your park ticket (which is linked to your profile in MDE) and the photos will be linked to you. Anyone who visits the park can still buy photos individually, either in-park or online after your trip. There is no requirement to have a MagicBand, be staying at a Disney hotel or buy Memory Maker in order to buy photos individually. Photos will auto-expire 45 days after they're taken.

Memory Maker is strictly a photo purchasing package that you can buy that allows you to download and save any and all photos linked to your MDE profile (as well as photos that are linked to the profiles of your Friends and Family). Though Memory Maker is linked to only one person, they can download any and all photos they can "see" in MDE.

Memory Maker gives you 30 days of unlimited photo downloads. The clock starts ticking when you download your first photo. (I've heard there's another instance that'll start the clock, but I can't recall... Perhaps sharing through social media?) If you want prints you'll have to print them yourself or bring the files to a store to print.

-Rob

Rob562

So as long as my wife and kids are linked to my account any pictures they get will show up and i cam download fpr free with memory maker

Correct.
If they are "managed by you" sub-profiles under your own login account, then you'll have no issues.
But if any of them have their own accounts with their own login, they'll have to make sure to go to your name under *their* account and check the box that allows you to view and purchase their photos. (I *think* it's defaulted to allowing it, but better safe than sorry) And when you're viewing photos online, you'll need to make sure you're looking at "all" photos and not just your photos specifically. (I think the choice is a drop-down box in the upper-right)

-Rob

WDWDreamer4

I just wanted to clarify that the photos do have an expiration from the date they are taken. The photos will disappear from your Photopass account 45 days after they are taken. You can pay to have that date extended though if needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom