Memory Maker Confirmation

MiddKid

Original Poster
I'm 90% sure I'm correct about this, but wanted that final confirmation from the experts here...
  • Brother-in-law, his wife, and two kids are going to WDW 3/28-4/4. He has purchased Memory Maker
  • In-Laws arriving 4/1
  • My family (Me, wife, 3 kids) arrive on the day my Bro-in-law leaves on 4/4. Running the Star Wars 5K and 1/2.
  • In-Laws and my family leave on 4/11
  • Right now, my Bro-In-law is "Planning with" my in-laws and I'm listed under his "Other Friends & Family"
So the idea is, especially since my in-laws are bridging both trips, that we'd all just use the one Memory Maker. It is my understanding that as long as we're all "friends" with my brother-in-law in MDE then we can all use the same MM. Questions:
  • Is the key that everyone needs to be "friends" with my brother-in-law for the MM to work? Or can it be one step removed? To explain: my 13 year old daughter, for example, is only friends with me and I'm friends with my brother-in-law. Do I need to make sure she is directly connected to him to ensure her band works for MM? Or is the fact that she's in my travel party mean that it will be tied to me (and therefore him)?
  • Does it matter that my Brother-in-law is under my "Other Friends & Family" rather than "We're Planning Together?" We have no shared dining or reservations since he's leaving the day we arrive.
  • I'm seeing that the "window" is 30 days. Since our 3 reservations cover 2 weeks, then it looks like we're fine from a time perspective, right? Even though the original purchaser's reservation ends after week 1?
Just really want to make sure our RunDisney photos are captured even though the original purchaser of MM has checked out! Thanks all!

Rob562

I'm 90% sure I'm correct about this, but wanted that final confirmation from the experts here...
  • Brother-in-law, his wife, and two kids are going to WDW 3/28-4/4. He has purchased Memory Maker
  • In-Laws arriving 4/1
  • My family (Me, wife, 3 kids) arrive on the day my Bro-in-law leaves on 4/4. Running the Star Wars 5K and 1/2.
  • In-Laws and my family leave on 4/11
  • Right now, my Bro-In-law is "Planning with" my in-laws and I'm listed under his "Other Friends & Family"
So the idea is, especially since my in-laws are bridging both trips, that we'd all just use the one Memory Maker. It is my understanding that as long as we're all "friends" with my brother-in-law in MDE then we can all use the same MM. Questions:
  • Is the key that everyone needs to be "friends" with my brother-in-law for the MM to work? Or can it be one step removed? To explain: my 13 year old daughter, for example, is only friends with me and I'm friends with my brother-in-law. Do I need to make sure she is directly connected to him to ensure her band works for MM? Or is the fact that she's in my travel party mean that it will be tied to me (and therefore him)?
  • Does it matter that my Brother-in-law is under my "Other Friends & Family" rather than "We're Planning Together?" We have no shared dining or reservations since he's leaving the day we arrive.
  • I'm seeing that the "window" is 30 days. Since our 3 reservations cover 2 weeks, then it looks like we're fine from a time perspective, right? Even though the original purchaser's reservation ends after week 1?
Just really want to make sure our RunDisney photos are captured even though the original purchaser of MM has checked out! Thanks all!

Anyone that you want to be able to access photos should be directly connected with the person who has MemoryMaker. If you'll always be with your daughter, then she doesn't need to connect. But if shell be solo in the parks for character meets or on rides, then she should become friends. (Your BIL can connect via "friends of mutual friends" in MDE.

Otherwise there are two key things to remember:
-Any and all photos will expire 45 days after each particular photo was taken.
-The MemoryMaker has a 30-day window that starts with the first download or share.

Your BIL can view all photos at any point, but should wait until the day *after* the last person's photo is taken.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom