Memory Maker Card vs. Band?

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
So, I added Memory Maker to our package last week (we leave this Sunday). I assumed we'd just use the Magic Bands but suddenly a "Memory Maker" card arrived in the mail. It says "Show this Memory Maker Card to Disney PhotoPass Photographers, or at select Dining and Attraction Locations."

So... do I actually need this card to be with us at all times?

dreamfinder

So, I added Memory Maker to our package last week (we leave this Sunday). I assumed we'd just use the Magic Bands but suddenly a "Memory Maker" card arrived in the mail. It says "Show this Memory Maker Card to Disney PhotoPass Photographers, or at select Dining and Attraction Locations."

So... do I actually need this card to be with us at all times?

The card is a) a throw back to pre band times and b) still useful for offsite guests
Your MB alone should be sufficient as that is how the long range ride pics are added, and the normal pictures it doesn't matter what they load them on. The key thing is having the entitlement tagged to your MDE account so you can download all the pictures later on.

Kate Alan

As long as your Memory Maker is attached to your MDE account, you're set.

When I was in WDW last February I used both the Magic Band and the card to essentially "double tap" and ensure that we got the pictures one way or another. That was due to the fact that in the previous months before our trip I had seen a few people on these boards who had issues with missing pictures due to the band not scanning properly when they were still fiddling with the tech. This has since been rectified from what I can tell. (This was also prior to them implementing the long range ride pictures).

When we went last month, I didn't bother with the card, only the band, and it worked perfectly without a single missing pic. Keep the card on you if you want in the event you have a band issue, but you should be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom