MEMORY MAKER/AP MAGIC BAND QUESTION

Spikerdink

Original Poster
Wondering if anyone might have the answer to this question about an upcoming trip....

I have an AP which now has the Memory Maker included.

On an upcoming trip, I will be with family for a few days and then heading back home to return to work while they stay.

Since on the days we are together, all the ride photos, photo pass shots will be linked to my band, there is no problem. After I leave, I would like to be able to have copies of the pictures that the family has. If I gave someone in my family my magic band to use to scan at the photographers and to pick up the RFID, would it work? Or does the band need to be 'active' for the day with my physical presence in the park?

They all would have valid park tickets, so not trying to find a way to cheat Disney on a park admission. They would just be carrying my band to use for photos and let it sync for the ride photos.

I would just like to have copies of my niece and nephew's photos when they ride Mine Train or Splash....

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Rob562

You just have to make sure that a) you're connected to others in your group under Friends & Family, and b) they allow you to see and purchase their PhotoPass photos.

(If the others are "managed by you" sub-profiles under your own account, then you are all set)

The photos linked to their accounts may still expire 45 days after they're taken, but within that window you can still download them.

-Rob

PinnySmart

Not trying to play ethics police and even though you aren't trying to cheat on admission but the free Memory Maker would only be for your pass if you are the only AP holder.

Spikerdink

Original Poster
Not trying to play ethics police and even though you aren't trying to cheat on admission but the free Memory Maker would only be for your pass if you are the only AP holder.

Here's why I think that it is not an ethical problem....

Often when I am with friends, family, etc there will be times where we take photos with me in it, and not with me in it. All of them are connected to my band (even before the free memory maker) because I am the person who organizes the photos, etc and keeps them on a share site. So, for the day my family is in the park without me, I still would like to have access to their photos if they met Daisy or Chip and Dale or had a great expression while riding Splash.

It's not as if I was handing out my band and saying, 'here - some free pics!' to everyone I meet....

People may disagree with me, that's fine... also not sure that my family would even remember to use the band, so it might be a mute point. (It's a mute point because we're not going to talk about it anymore!)

Rob562

If your Friends and Family's photos show up and can be downloaded by you simply because you're linked as friends, there's no "ethical dilemma" at all. If Disney didn't want AP holders to get their friends' photos as part of the new AP benefit, they'd program the system so only directly-linked-to-the-AP-holder photos are included.

-Rob

(Side note: moot, not mute... :) )

EvilQueen-T

My sister who lives in a different state, her family, myself, and my granddaughter are all linked through friends and family on disney's website so even when we go and they don't. We're all passholders now but they only became APs in December but since we've all been linked and allow each other to see pics we've all been able to do it. I don't think it's unethical given disney has set up the requirement to be linked between spouses, children, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom