Memory Maker and MagicBand Question

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
Hello,

I think I've decided to add the Memory Maker to my next trip. If I understand it correctly, they can just scan your MagicBand and your photos will all appear in your account. So my question... Is the Memory Maker just attached to your MDE account, or something else? Will your photos appear no matter which MagicBand your scan that day (like if you have multiple MBs)?

Thanks!

Weather_Lady

My understanding is that MM is linked to your room, so anyone staying in your room will have their photos linked to your MM account if their MB is scanned by a photographer.

Just don't forget to tell the rest of your party they need to stop in the photo areas after attractions with on-ride photos to identify their photo and have a CM scan their MagicBand, as ride photos don't get added to your MM account automatically.

Your photos should appear immediately in your MM/Photopass account, so you can check them right away if you have internet access. If you notice that any are missing, let Disney know ASAP and they can try to recover them for you. It might be a good idea to jot down the number and keep it with you on your trip: the Disney Photopass/MM Guest Services number is (407) 560-4300.

Last edited:

KARmom

Can you use just your magic band? I heard some people saying they were told to pick up their "card" at will call. Is this something else or do you have to show your card too?

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
That is a great question about will call. Do you have to pick something up at will call for the memory maker? It does say that when you purchase it, but I thought that was maybe just meant for people purchasing park tickets.

Does anyone else know

mattdenine

I just got back and I never had to pick up anything we just started getting our bands scanned and all of our photos were there when we got home.

We just purchased the Memory Maker for our trip in 2 weeks and since we are staying at the Shades of Green, we do not have magic bands. We have to pick up the photo pass for memory maker and use that as our pass to swipe when pictures are taken. I then have to link that photo pass card number to MDE account to have the pictures uploaded to view. At least that is how I understand it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom