Memory Maker and Magic Bands

hull327

Original Poster
I pre-purchased the Memory Maker photo package and got a card in the mail that says to present this card to all Disney photographers or at select Dining or Attractions. However, in the MyDisneyExperience page I have my MM linked to MDE. Do I still need to use this card everywhere or can I use the Magic Band?

Kate Alan

As long as your Memory Maker card is linked to your account you should be able to just use the Magic Band.

Having heard stories of photos disappearing on the boards here before we left, I carried the card with me as well as a backup. I also made a note of all ride photo numbers, and the general time of day/location for in-park photos, just in case they went missing. We had two photos that didn't show up on our account but because I had that information customer service was able to locate and load them after we were back in Boston. It was a pretty smooth experience overall.

Weather_Lady

Also, don't forget that with MemoryMaker, ride photos are not added automatically. For attractions that have on-ride pictures (e.g., Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, RnR, Buzz), you'll need to stop at the viewing area after the ride, write down (or remember) the number of the photo in which you appear, and the stop at the cash registers for the accompanying photo purchase location/gift shop and ask them to add the photo to your MemoryMaker account. If there's nobody in line in front of you, it only takes a few seconds for the CM to pull up the photo and scan your MagicBand. Of course, having people in line ahead of you, poking around trying to order photo prints, can bog you down bigtime, so I learned to dash to the screens, take a quick look at the number, start mumbling it to myself repeatedly, and then hurry to the register so I could be in-and-out first, long before the rest of the crowd -- who were typically writing down their photo number or having a CM write it down for them -- got there.

(If you forget to have an on-ride photo added, you can call and try to have them find it for you later, with a description of when you rode and what you were wearing, but it's much, much easier and more fool-proof to have them added as you go.)

LWB

Make sure everyone in your travel party is connected in your MDE accounts so that pictures scanned to their band will be accessible to you, too!

MiddKid

Make sure everyone in your travel party is connected in your MDE accounts so that pictures scanned to their band will be accessible to you, too!

I didn't receive an MM card in the mail, but it shows up online as part of my upcoming reservation. Does that automatically link to all 7 of our MBs or do I have to manually do something to connect them?

LWB

I didn't receive an MM card in the mail, but it shows up online as part of my upcoming reservation. Does that automatically link to all 7 of our MBs or do I have to manually do something to connect them?

As long as you are all listed as Family/Friends under your MDE, that's all you have to do. I had manually added everyone in my family when I first linked up my reservation - didn't do anything extra for MM. When my kids' bands were scanned at a M&G or my husband added a ride photo to his band, all of those showed up for me in addition to everything that was scanned with my band!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom