Membership benefits when you inherit DVC

wdwfamilynh

Original Poster
This may have been answered somewhere, sometime here but, in the interest of time, I thought I would post this question directly.

If parents gift DVC to a kid prior to death, or a kid inherits DVC after the second parent’s death, what membership benefits does the kid have?

Many thanks in advance!

RememberWhen

I’m not sure if this answers exactly, but a few years ago my parents added my sisters and me to her DVC deed. She did have to go through a title company and/or a lawyer. It wasn’t free. But we all are full DVC members and since she bought direct we have blue card status. Just as though we were on the deed when it was originally purchased from Disney.

wdwfamilynh

Original Poster
I’m not sure if this answers exactly, but a few years ago my parents added my sisters and me to her DVC deed. She did have to go through a title company and/or a lawyer. It wasn’t free. But we all are full DVC members and since she bought direct we have blue card status. Just as though we were on the deed when it was originally purchased from Disney.
That helps a lot! Thank you 😊

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Keep in mind that adding names could cause potential issues with future bankruptcies or divorce etc. The added name will legally own part of that deed now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom