Meghan Markle signs deal with Disney just days after royal family exit

Lilofan

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I mean she really couldnt do this while being a part of the Royal Family anyway so now that she forced her way out, it makes sense.

Lilofan

As far as I’m aware she wasn’t doing it for money but a donation for Elephants without borders.
In her interview in the UK, she looked and felt trapped and on the verge of tears. She did not know what she signed up for before marrying Harry? She probably will go back into her former actress lifestyle with Harry and baby in tow. She already lined up a project with Disney and potential Hollywood projects. Harry is a fool.

Last edited:

TP2000

Twitter and YouTube (owned by Google) keep trying to take down the cringey video where Prince Harry hits up Bob Iger cold in an attempt to get his wife voiceover work. It's hysterical yet so slimy and gross!

We'll have to see how long Twitter allows this version to exist, because they keep taking down any previous versions that pop up on Social Media. Watch the cringe while you can!

But I'll also post the transcript of Prince Harry hitting up Iger in a cocktail party receiving line.

“You know she does voice-overs?” Harry tells Iger, who responds with, “Oh really? Ah…”

“Did you know that?” Harry asks.

Iger replied, “I did not know that.”

Harry then acts as Markle’s agent, inquiring about a possible job for her at Disney.

“You seem surprised, but yeah, she’s really interested,” Harry says.

Iger politely indulges the Duke of Sussex, nodding and saying, “Sure…we’d love to try.”

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Twitter and YouTube (owned by Google) keep trying to take down the cringey video where Prince Harry hits up Bob Iger cold in an attempt to get his wife voiceover work. It's hysterical yet so slimy and gross!

We'll have to see how long Twitter allows this version to exist, because they keep taking down any previous versions that pop up on Social Media. Watch the cringe while you can!

But I'll also post the transcript of Prince Harry hitting up Iger in a cocktail party receiving line.

“You know she does voice-overs?” Harry tells Iger, who responds with, “Oh really? Ah…”

Harry then acts as Markle’s agent, inquiring about a possible job for her at Disney.

Iger politely indulges the Duke of Sussex, nodding and saying, “Sure…we’d love to try.”

Cringeworthy. 😖

TP2000

Cringeworthy. 😖

That's one word for it.

What's most shocking to me is how ham fisted and clumsy Prince Harry's sales pitch is. :oops:

A cocktail party or dinner party is a great place to schmooze and drum up business for yourself or your firm, the young folks now call it "networking", but this is not how you do it. It's obvious this is at the start of the evening event, as introductions are being made. And Harry goes right in for the kill with an undisguised sales pitch and Bob Iger is obviously caught off guard but he recovers nicely. I love the look on Willow Bay's face as she stands there witnessing it. Watch that video a couple times while you can! (Although as this went viral on Monday, Twitter seems to have stopped trying to remove it from their platform on various Twitter feeds)

Obviously Prince Harry has lived a life where everyone knows who he is and everyone has to act politely interested at whatever he says. But he knows nothing about business relationships or how they are cultivated. The mind boggles at how clueless this guy is.

He may know where his oyster fork is located at his place setting, but has no idea how to work the CEO of the planet's largest entertainment company. An effective businessman/husband trying to get his wife some work would know both.

His wife, a 38 year old former game show prize hostess and B list TV actress, must have told clueless Harry that he needs to get in there and do something for her. How embarrassing!

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
That's one word for it.

What's most shocking to me is how ham fisted and clumsy Prince Harry's sales pitch is. :oops:

A cocktail party or dinner party is a great place to schmooze and drum up business for yourself or your firm, the young folks now call it "networking", but this is not how you do it. It's obvious this is at the start of the evening event, as introductions are being made. And Harry goes right in for the kill with an undisguised sales pitch and Bob Iger is obviously caught off guard but he recovers nicely. I love the look on Willow Bay's face as she stands there witnessing it. Watch that video a couple times while you can! (Although as this went viral on Monday, Twitter seems to have stopped trying to remove it from their platform on various Twitter feeds)

Obviously Prince Harry has lived a life where everyone knows who he is and everyone has to act politely interested at whatever he says. But he knows nothing about business relationships or how they are cultivated. The mind boggles at how clueless this guy is.

His wife, a 38 year old former game show prize hostess and B list TV actress, must have told Harry that he needs to get in there and do something for her. How embarrassing!
This whole interaction between Prince Harry and Iger is so awkward (to say the least!). I figure, Iger must be used to people trying to get a slice of the big cake he manages, only this time coming from a royal. Unbelievable. I saw the video yesterday (not on Twitter), it's all over British tabloid websites, too late trying to make it disappear at this point.
Don't even get me started on what I think about those two. Ugh...

Last edited:

Robbiem

Apparantly this was at the premiere of the Lion King in London last year - usually the film people line up along the entrance and the royals talk to them as they go into the movie.

based on UK reaction to recent news I could see a deal like this creating a mulan style backlash in the UK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom