Meet and Greet

Ronnie

Original Poster
Who and when did you meet your favorite characters and is their anyone you want to see that are only at sessional events!?

maryszhi

392003_10151065237070063_391300064_n.jpg
mvmmcp :)

PUSH

I don't necessarily have a favorite character (I'd probably have to go with Mickey/Chip if I had to choose) but my my most memerable character moment was the very first character I met. It was my first visit to WDW and we met Mr. Smee from Peter Pan near PotC. He didn't do anything special, but it's still one of my favorite memories from WDW. :)

bubbles1812

I have two separate M&G stories that are my favorite:

1) It's funny that mary posted her 7 Dwarves picture because they involve my favorite M&G memory too! This happened when I was 10 (am 24) so way long before the Halloween/Christmas parties were started. Therefore, the appearances of 7 Dwarves together besides on the parade floats were next to zero, usually it was only Dopey out and about. Anyways, my family and I were walking along in the MK on a relatively quiet it day. I can't even remember where we were when out of a side door walked all 7 Dwarves and Snow White right in front of us! They all went into this little alcove. I assume there must have been some sort of training going on. But my brothers and I darted around getting autographs and pictures before most guests had even noticed that they were there. We also got to get a group pic with the Dwarves and Snow White as well because it wasn't crowded. For a 10 year old, it was pretty dang amazing and my brothers each got kisses from Snow White (They were 8 and 6. There little faces are so red in the picture, and they have these silly lovestruck smiles on their faces. Haha.) Right after that, many more people started noticing their presence so we were the only family that got a group pic with all of them!

2) This one happened when I was 17. My best friend in high school and I chose to go to Disney for a week as our senior trip. My mother also went too just to keep an eye on us ;) I had been to Disney many times before but the princess line of toys/games/ect was only really just starting to take off. Before that, some of the princesses weren't very often seen in the park but at that point in time I had managed to meet every princess except for Aurora. My friend (who had ever been to Disney) wanted to meet Mickey at that big tent in Mickey's Toontown Fair so we went to that line while my mother got into the Princess line, which listed Cinderella, Snowwhite, and a "?". My mom told me she'd wait in line and let me know who "?" was just in case it was Aurora. My inner 6 year old definitely came out and jumped up and down when mom told me that it was Aurora! My friend kept in the Mickey line while I went over to mom's line (She ended up getting a picture with the princesses as the Mickey line was moving faster. The CMs were kind enough to let her come over to the other line). But anyways, I have a huge idiot grin on my face in that pic for finally having met the last princess I hadn't met. Shows you that there really is always the child inside you waiting to come out to play when at Disney :)

Monkee Girl

I have had so many great Meet and Greet experiences and as much as I want to say Peter Pan, one of my favorite (if not best) greets came from meeting Anastasia and Drisella for the first time.

My sister and I were wondering the Magic Kingdom walking towards Frontier Land and I looked over towards the castle where you can see the bridge and the back of Fantasy Land. I noticed a hat and realized it was Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip. We decided to make our way over to try and get his autograph. We have visited with them the night before during the Pirate and Princess party but for whatever reason, I did not have my autograph book with me. So once we made our way to the court yard we got in line. Unfortunately, the parade was beginning to start and the royal couple had to leave to join their friends. The crowd dispersed and we were just hanging around the castle before making our way back towards Frontier Land. Just as we were about to leave, who should come skipping (yes skipping) out was Anastasia and Drisella!

I had not seen them out before. I had dinner in 1900 Park Fare but they were not in attendance at the time. So this was really exciting. It was also cool because my family call me and my sister Anastasia and Drisella because sometimes we can act a little goofy/not so classy like them so we now had a chance to meet our counterparts.

What happened next was craziness: I tried to take a picture of my sister but her camera was set to movie so every time i hit the button, the camera started filming and I couldn't figure it out. To save time, Anastasia wanted to sign my book at the same time Drisella wanted to sign it, so they both grabbed the book and had a tug of war; Anastasia yelling "You break it you buy it!" I finally figured out the problem with the camera and said "Oh it's on movie!" and the girls both exclaimed "It's on movie!!!" giggling. Finally, Drisella noticed my sister had a bean shaped necklace on and asked what it was. My sister said it was from Tiffany's and Anastasia cut in telling everyone not to trust Tiffany because she gives vegetables as jewelery.

Despite all the confusion, it was such a great time. I wish I had gotten the whole thing on video because just writing doesn't do the situation justice. Good times.

LucyBC

My ultimate goal is to meet Scrooge McDuck. He's my absolutely favorite character since I was 8 years old and started reading comic books. Some years ago you could meet him during MVMCP but in recent past he has been absent from the parks.

My only chance now is to go to Disneyland Tokyo, which is not really on my plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom