Medical Care

Big Hair

Original Poster
What are the options for medical care in case of illness during your stay at WDW? Is there a onsite clinic that services guests for the routine illnesses minor injuries, flu, ear ache, fever, and such that your regular physician would do at home. I attempted to search the forums but they are so vast I couldn't come up with a thread. Thanks for your input.

AndyS2992

All Disney parks and resorts have first aid areas which deal with minor injuries and illnesses. It's always useful to pack medications and a first aid kit in your luggage just in case. If anything drastic happens then you will most likely be carted off down the road to the nearby Celebration Hospital.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Aside of the hospital in Celebration, there are a number of walk-in clinics in the general area (outside of the parks). I have read that you can wait a while (plan on over an hour at least) to be seen. You might also want to check with the people at your hotel's front desk or guest services, for their recommendation.

Also, for a nominal delivery fee to WDW resort hotels, if you need a prescription filled, Turner Drugs over in Celebration does a lot of business with tourists. They're efficient--I had to get a prescription filled one time when I was at WDW, and they deliver to your hotel the same day.

graphite1326

Actually on our last trip to Orlando (not a WDW trip) my DW came down with a serious sinus infection. We were not too far from Disney Springs and there was a walk on clinic not too far from there. We noticed all these people coming in with WDW uniforms on (CMs) and going into where the examination rooms were. Turns out we were on Disney property and I assume these CMs coming in were getting maybe a physical?

GlassHalfFull

my brother may have been in the urgent care right by crossroads on every trip for about 6 straight years.. there are multiple options around the area, but as mentioned previously they aren't really walk-in as much as walk in the door and sit down for a while..

Pirate Magic

If you are staying at WDW resort all you would have to do is press the desk button and tell guest services they will connect you to a doctor that will come to your resort room. The doctor has just about everything in this case with wheels also if you need any medication that the doctor does not have he or she will connect you to a pharmacy to get your medication deliveries to the front desk in your hotel. Of course the doctor or the pharmacy does not take any insurance and you will have to pay out of pocket. It is costly, I know it happen to me on my 2015 trip to WDW. The doctor was very good and so was the pharmacy. It was a hard year for me.

OliveMcFly

I think a lot of the urgent care style clinics are starting to except appointments. Not that you plan an emergency but it may be more comfortable at your resort than a waiting room.

Big Hair

Original Poster
Thank you. Very helpful. In all our visits we have had a few nasty colds but nothing that needed medical attention. Two of us are sick right now but should be better by our arrival this Sunday. This got me to thinking about being prepared if something came up while we were there.

Texas84

I've personally seen two incidents in Epcot. Paramedics were there in a few minutes. Amazing. Makes me feel perfectly safe at WDW.

PrincessL

On our last trip our three year old got an ear infection that of course we didn't find out about until he started screaming in the middle of the night (sorry neighbors)! 2am I called the front desk and they gave me the numbers for urgent care like PP have mentioned but also a few medical groups that would make "house calls" since all the urgent cares were closed. I don't recall the group names but just know there are other options and the front desk I'm sure has seen it all!

Goofyernmost

Years ago the only place was the hospital in Kissimmee (downtown). My wife was having a problem and I took her there. Eight or nine years ago my granddaughter had a pretty major ear infection and we took her to a clinic on 192 just outside the gate. Other then that, I had a bandage replaced at the first aid station in MK when my carpel tunnel surgery location started to open up slightly.
Yes, I went to WDW while recuperating from the surgery and yes, I know I was supposed to be sitting quietly with my wrist elevated. I didn't listen then and I don't listen now.
In case anyone is wondering, it healed up fine and has never been a problem since.

Kingtut

I don't remember the actual name but there is also a hospital with an ER on Turkey Lake Road - where I had to spend a night with a sick child several years ago. It was convenient to the Marriott Residence Inn where we were staying at the time.

There is a pharmacy that will deliver to the resorts...Turner Drugs 407-828-8125 when I used them couple years ago they charged $5.00 deliver charge which I didn't mind paying since I was without a car. I was down in my back and they delivered bigger bottle of tylenol (gift shop only had small packages..2 pills to a pack) and a heating pad. I was great!!

sophie_the_pooh

My 5 year old son got sick during our November vacation, we were staying at CSR. The front desk was very helpful, they suggested Centra Care clinic, which can pick you up at your resort. I called and they sent someone within 15 minutes, Bell services were nice enough to pick us up at our room and bring us to the front desk, since my son wasn't well enough to walk from the far end of casitas (he's a tall and strong boy, we couldn't carry him either). The receptionnist wasn't all that nice, but the doctor was amazing. Turns out my son had a double acuite ear infection, and the clinic could sell us the medication directly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom