meal reservations

alliemom

I was wondering if these breakfast/dinner reservations look good? My 5 yr daughter and myself are going 8/17- 8/24. This is a surprise for her as she starts kindergarden the following Monday and I wanted to do something special for her. I just booked the trip so unfortunately I didn't get the free dining that probably everyone else at Disney is going to have. I did pay for the meal plan!! I also need some help planning around these reservations if anyone have any suggestions to really optomize out time there . We have an 8 day park hopper + waterpark ticket. 17th (Thursday) Liberty Tree Tavern dinner 6:00 p.m. 18th (Friday) Breakfast Ohana at Polynesian Resort 9:20 a.m 19th (Saturday) Princess Storybook at Epcot 6:10p.m. 20 th (Sunday) Chef Mickey 6:00 p.m. 21st (Monday) Crystal Palace 8:10 a.m. 22nd (Tuesday) Hollywood and Vine Fastasmic diner pkg 5:10 p.m. 23rd (Wednesday) Cinderella's Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian 4:50 p.m 24th fly home at 6:50 p.m.I appreciate any comments on these reservations

Lucky

It looks like you did a pretty good job with the reservations. Since you have the Park Hopper & Water Parks option, the location of these restaurants doesn't dictate much how you spend your time. Most of these are in MK or on the monorail, so you can visit MK or Epcot before or afterward. In general I've had much better experiences with the water parks earlier in the day. It's much less likely to rain, and the buses tend to take you there more directly in the AM, but after noon take you first to Downtown Disney or AK. Be sure to visit AK, maybe in the afternoon after a few hours at Blizzard Beach. A 5-year-old girl should love the Pocahantas show, the Safari ride, probably the river raft ride, etc. The 3D bug show and DINOSAUR ride as iffy for 5 year olds. My daughter did fine, but many young kids don't do so well. We liked the character breakfast at Restaurantassaurus at AK as well.

Upvote 0

Chape19714

Just 1 Tip, sit about 1/2 way back at Fantasmic, as the dragon tends to scare some kids in that age group, and you also are likely to get wet if you sit closer.

The Reservations sound GREAT! Where are you staying? I'd be sure to get an Autograph book and have the camera on hand, you are sure to have many memorable charactor moments. Charactor Dining is great and you spend much more time with the charactors then if you were to just go up and meet them.

Upvote 0

alliemom

Original Poster
I appreciate your responses. We are staying at the all Star movies. On a side note, how is the transportation system at Disney. It sounds like it shouldn't be a problem except for getting to resort to resort. Any suggestins on that? Can you tell I am getting nervous, I have never traveled with just my daughter and I.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoxMySox

alliemom said:
I appreciate your responses. We are staying at the all Star movies. On a side note, how is the transportation system at Disney. It sounds like it shouldn't be a problem except for getting to resort to resort. Any suggestins on that? Can you tell I am getting nervous, I have never traveled with just my daughter and I.

To get to a resort from your resort? Best bet would go to another park and go to the hotel from there. That's what I normall do. Of course you can always go to the TTC. Where they over different forms on transportation, such as the Monorail. :wave:

Upvote 0

Lucky

I'm not sure how often you are going from resort to resort. If it's only for your reservations at Polynesian & Grand Floridian, fortunately those are on the Magic Kingdom monorail line. You can take a bus from your hotel to MK (they'll come maybe every 15 minutes or so), and then get on the monorail to the resorts (not the other one; there will be two monorail lines).

By the way, I'll be there about the same time as you, Aug 17-25.

Upvote 0

alliemom

Original Poster
Thank you, I wasn't aware of that those 2 hotels were on the monorail. I think my daughter will really enjoy riding it. I will definitely do what you recommend by going to MK first and then hopping on the monorail. Also what is TTC??? I couldn't get reservation at any other hotel but the hollywood and vine for the fastasmic show but I can keep trying to see if there are cancellations if hollywood and vine is that bad. Is the food at the princess dinner in Norway good. I don't experiment much in my food choices and that is one I worry about. Hey Lucky, We are going to be there the same time,, you'll know where I'll be for dinner/breakfast stop by and say "hi" !!!!!How do you get those smilies to work, I can't get them in my messages!!

Upvote 0

kennygman

We did the Norway for Dinner last year and didn't care much for the food. Breakfast is good though. Princesses are at all meals there.
1900 Park Fare for Dinner is very good and Cinderella is there.

Upvote 0

Lucky

We liked the princess breakfast at Norway (Sept. of 2004, right after one of the hurricanes). I haven't tried Hollywood and Vine, but the Fantasmic dinner package is in big demand - saves lots of painful waiting in line - so I would keep that reservation. At a large buffet, there's bound to be some things you and your daughter like. I think you mentioned a dinner at Chef Mickey's at Contemporary also. That is the 3rd resort on the MK monorail. Maybe it was coincidental, but your restaurant reservations at resorts are all on the monorail. With the Contemporary, though, you don't even need to get on the monorail unless you have time to kill and want to go for the ride. When the bus lets you off at MK, you can get to the Contemporary more quickly by walking than by monorail. We've done the Chef Mickey's breakfast there twice, and liked it so much we are doing it again on Aug. 23. Have not tried their dinner buffet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom