meal plan what if you can't have deserts

karenatwdw

We have the meal plan and quick service and sit down say you get desert not appitizer like before. Do you know i they will let you swap for somthing other than deserts like salad or appitizer.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In the case of the quick service meals you can substitute a bottle of water for your desert but in the case of a table service meal it is up to the discretion of the restaurant but the majority will say no.

Upvote 0

Rob562

And by "can't have desserts", what do you mean? Are you on a no-sugar diet? Low calorie diet?
Most Table Service (and all Counter Service) places have at least one no-sugar-added dessert option on the menu, and if not they can often work something out by getting something from another restaurant.

-Rob

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

And by "can't have desserts", what do you mean? Are you on a no-sugar diet? Low calorie diet?
Most Table Service (and all Counter Service) places have at least one no-sugar-added dessert option on the menu, and if not they can often work something out by getting something from another restaurant.

-Rob
Yep...Disney prides itself on catering to guests in those situations, so if it's for a dietary reason, they will make you up a special dessert for you. All you have to do is let them know when you make your ressies that you have a specific diatary restriction and they'll take care of it all, with a lot of the time the chef coming out personally to talk with you.

But as the others have said, for Table Service meals, they more than likely will not allow for you to get an appetizer instead of a dessert.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

substitutions are a rare find. The last time we did the dining plan I asked to substitute a second drink at breakfast for a yogurt and it wasn't allowed, even though the yogurt was cheaper than the drink (on the menu). When it comes to the counter service the desserts, many have two regular options chocolate cake or carrot cake that both leave a lot to be desired.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

We just got back from the world......

We had dinner one night at Narcossess... My husband had the Surf and turf which was steak and lobster my daughter and i wanted the same thing but don't like lobster ( don't throw tomatoes) and we asked if we could subsitute the lobster for scallops. They did it no problem. No differernce in cost. Which I was suprised about. So my school of thought doesn't hurt to ask.:)

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Yeah, I don't think there's a blanket "no substitutions" rule, but most places won't allow you to get an appetizer rather than a dessert. I asked! :lol: I was always turned down.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

I've never tried substituting appetizers for desserts, but there has been a situation or two where someone I was with wanted an appetizer instead of a meal and they said no problem.

It never hurts to ask!

Upvote 0

happymom52003

This is one of the reasons why the dining plan never makes sense for my family. We never get desserts at table service meals, but we do enjoy getting appetizers. I really wish they would change this someday and give you a choice between having an appetizer and dessert.

Upvote 0
My fiancée likes deserts but for me, im just getting it because its free on the dining plan. I wish they would allow an appetizer or something. Maybe even trade two deserts for an appetizer

Upvote 0

fosse76

This is one of the reasons why the dining plan never makes sense for my family. We never get desserts at table service meals, but we do enjoy getting appetizers. I really wish they would change this someday and give you a choice between having an appetizer and dessert.

I agree. I am not an appetizer person, and usually don't get dessert with dinner (until much later, more like a snack). But I've always felt you should have the choice between an appetizer or dessert.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom