ME with infant...

mfdchief1

Original Poster
Okay, this may seem like a silly question, but if we're taking the ME with our 3mth old, we have to have the carseat base in order to strap him in, right? I know you can do without it on the plane....can we leave it home?

Also, as far as transportation goes -- am I to assume that I'll be holding my baby on the buses while DH carries the stroller and/or carseat? Is this safe? Should we be renting a car instead??? :shrug:

TIA! :wave:

happymom52003

You do have to hold the baby on ME and on the disney buses that run on property.
Since you mentioned the idea of renting a car, I am assuming that it might be in your budget to do so....if it is, you might want to seriously consider doing it.
On our first trip with the kids, we did not rent a car. The next time we did, and have ever since. It makes things soooo much easier, especially when you have strollers.
In our experience, the travel time to and from the parks is considerably less if we drive ourselves. The only exception for us is the MK....since we stay at the WL we take the boat....that is the only park we do not drive to.
It is soooo nice after a long day to be able to get in your car and get to your resort quickly, especially if you have a tired little one with you.

KC82271

Carseats are not permitted on any Disney transportation. My DD was 10 months old the first time and we had to hold her. It's not bad as long as you have a second set of hands to hold the stroller (on the buses to the parks) and hold the diaper bags and whatever else you are taking!

coltow

No seat belts so you'll need to hold the baby on all busses. If you bring the car seat portion of the stroller with you to the parks it makes it very difficult to ride the busses. You need to take baby out of car seat and remove the car seat before folding up the stroller portion. If you don't need the car seat in in the parks leave it at hotel. If you need it at the parks (and can afford it) rent the car it will make going back and forth that much easier. BTW you don't have to fold it up to get on the monorail, but would for the trams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom