MDE issues: best answer from Disney!

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
I've been having issues with MDE since Monday (on the website, not the app). I can't access the reservations and tickets section, or the special deals page. I keep getting the Stitch page that says "Someone ate the page". I wrote an email to guest services yesterday, and got his answer today:

Dear Sophie,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are very sorry to hear that Experiment 626 has been stopping you from moving around the website. We here at the United Galactic Federation have come up with a solution to feed him long enough to stop him from eating that page temporarily. If you will be accessing your vacation from a PC please use either the F5 or CTRL F5 button to feed him. This will cause him to let leave your page alone for the time being. If you use an Apple product, such as a Mac, he thinks he can eat the whole computer so your sequence is slightly different. Please use the function button located just to the left of the space bar along with the "r" key. This should break his attention up enough to clear your screen. While we know that he will become hungry again this should prevent him from chewing on your page long enough for you to book. We are sorry for any inconvenience he has caused and hope to have his "badness" level back down to a minimum soon.

It's the best answer I ever got from Guest Services! I really appreciated the Disney spirit, I thought I'd share!:)

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Cute.... :).

The real reason: When you go to the WDW Web page? It's just a Web Page. To do anything practical, the Web Site has to talk to the older than dirt WDW DataBase system.

This "back end" is often overloaded, cranky, probably older than I am, and enjoys throwing up. And you get Stitch :). We call this a Web "timeout" - it's what happens when a Web Site fails to communicate with ANOTHER Computer System in a timely fashion.

Hint: 98% of these problems can be fixed by doing a forced reload (shift/refresh) at the web site, forcing it to ask AGAIN, and AGAIN, and so on, until the poor little database is beaten into submission, and cries out for mercy :).

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
Cute.... :).

The real reason: When you go to the WDW Web page? It's just a Web Page. To do anything practical, the Web Site has to talk to the older than dirt WDW DataBase system.

This "back end" is often overloaded, cranky, probably older than I am, and enjoys throwing up. And you get Stitch :). We call this a Web "timeout" - it's what happens when a Web Site fails to communicate with ANOTHER Computer System in a timely fashion.

Hint: 98% of these problems can be fixed by doing a forced reload (shift/refresh) at the web site, forcing it to ask AGAIN, and AGAIN, and so on, until the poor little database is beaten into submission, and cries out for mercy :).
Thank you so much! It did work! I forced Stitch to move over and let me check out the special deals page!!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom