MDE is changing FP+ selections on it's own.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Got an email in the middle of the night from Disney Destinations telling me my FP for Dinosaur on 11/11 has been changed from 10a to 1:20p. Which effectively renders it useless for my family. The only reason given is "scheduling change".

Does anyone have any insight here?

peter11435

Got an email in the middle of the night from Disney Destinations telling me my FP for Dinosaur on 11/11 has been changed from 10a to 1:20p. Which effectively renders it useless for my family. The only reason given is "scheduling change".

Does anyone have any insight here?
It’s rare but this has been done since the beginning of MDX occasionally. It’s usually because an attraction will have a scheduled downtime during your original window.

It’s possible they will be having a scheduled delayed opening at the attraction that morning due to facilitate some overnight maintenance work. It’s also possible that a system glitch allowed too many selections to be booked for your original window and thus they moved some. Are you able to adjust it earlier?

dreamfinder

Some of the other boards are reporting a bunch of this happening in AK, I seem to recall it being mostly Kali. But in some instances, the FP+ time was simply shifted by 10 minutes, while other times it was several hours.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just a little more "Disney Magic©" to brighten your day and enhance your vacation experience.

No, it's not enough that we make you reserve the park and the attraction you'll be visiting 60 days in advance. Now, when we deem it to our advantage, we'll shift your daily schedule around for your vacation pleasure.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
It’s rare but this has been done since the beginning of MDX occasionally. It’s usually because an attraction will have a scheduled downtime during your original window.

It’s possible they will be having a scheduled delayed opening at the attraction that morning due to facilitate some overnight maintenance work. It’s also possible that a system glitch allowed too many selections to be booked for your original window and thus they moved some. Are you able to adjust it earlier?

I can't see it being overnight maintenance. It's a month away, doesn't make sense.

If they overbooked a FP+ time, that's not surprising since the system is a joke. Too bad for me I guess.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Just a little more "Disney Magic©" to brighten your day and enhance your vacation experience.

No, it's not enough that we make you reserve the park and the attraction you'll be visiting 60 days in advance. Now, when we deem it to our advantage, we'll shift your daily schedule around for your vacation pleasure.
I don't feel pleasured....

peter11435

I can't see it being overnight maintenance. It's a month away, doesn't make sense.

If they overbooked a FP+ time, that's not surprising since the system is a joke. Too bad for me I guess.
Planned maintenance is scheduled well in advance. It is not uncommon to have work scheduled that will require more time than is available between park close and park open. This results in an attraction potentially closing earlier or opening later than the park. Similar to what is being seen at SSE. I’m not saying this is for planned maintence. But it is definitely possible that Dinosaur may be opening later than 9am that day.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Planned maintenance is scheduled well in advance. It is not uncommon to have work scheduled that will require more time than is available between park close and park open. This results in an attraction potentially closing earlier or opening later than the park. Similar to what is being seen at SSE. I’m not saying this is for planned maintence. But it is definitely possible that Dinosaur may be opening later than 9am that day.

It’s not that. There are reports all over of MDE hijacking FP+ and moving times. Not great!
Trust me -- you enjoyed it. Now quit whining or we'll change all your ADRs, too.

Sorry sir. Please sir, I worked really hard to sync all these reservations, my vacation teeters on a knife edge. Timing is everything.

peter11435

It’s not that. There are reports all over of MDE hijacking FP+ and moving times. Not great!

Sorry sir. Please sir, I worked really hard to sync all these reservations, my vacation teeters on a knife edge. Timing is everything.
Then it is more likely that they overbooked.

Where are the other reports and what attractions?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster

Clamman73

For all my troubles with MDE and talking to humans on the phone...I'm swimming in Fastpasses now..lol
Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 3.37.47 PM.png

Clamman73

What trouble did you have!? How the hell does that work!? :)
At day 60 I wasn't able to make fastpasses since MDE was having problems...that day I called and made one or two fastpasses of the headliners for my days since I thought it would be back up soon and wasn't worried about all three per day....
A week later it still wasn't working for me. I emailed the link that was provided in a pop up message about MDE issues, but also CCed Chapek's and Kalogridis office and got a call later that day from what I call "The office of George".

Before I talked to the office of George, I checked MDE and it was magically working for me and I found out I could make three fastpasses for each day in addition to what I already made over the phone a week prior...When I got the call from George's office, I mentioned how I believe I should have some compensation in the form of another fastpass...I was granted one of any ride of my choice which I can use once any time for that day. So for a couple days I'm at Epcot I have two Frozen fastpasses while also having MS, SSE and Soarin' fastpasses. :D

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
At day 60 I wasn't able to make fastpasses since MDE was having problems...that day I called and made one or two fastpasses of the headliners for my days since I thought it would be back up soon and wasn't worried about all three per day....
A week later it still wasn't working for me. I emailed the link that was provided in a pop up message about MDE issues, but also CCed Chapek's and Kalogridis office and got a call later that day from what I call "The office of George".

Before I talked to the office of George, I checked MDE and it was magically working for me and I found out I could make three fastpasses for each day in addition to what I already made over the phone a week prior...When I got the call from George's office, I mentioned how I believe I should have some compensation in the form of another fastpass...I was granted one of any ride of my choice which I can use once any time for that day. So for a couple days I'm at Epcot I have two Frozen fastpasses while also having MS, SSE and Soarin' fastpasses. :D
So, you got three, plus three more, and you still asked for another one?
:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom